Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone make a jig like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone make a jig like this?

I am looking for a certain jig, and I don't even know if anyone makes it. I have been fishing some jigheads that are painted and have moveable eyes (they are called rattle eyes or something like that), but have just the regular J hook. I was wondering if anyone makes a jighead like this with the sickle hook. Also, I have never used a sickle hook, are they really that much better?

I think this is the jigheads here.

http://www.potentbidness.com/product.sc?productId=42

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stumpy, check out the thread named "new sickle" for a little background on folks thoughts on sickle hooks . They really are different.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Those jigs look to have regular old doll eyes you can get them anywhere crafts are sold . just glue them on a painted minnow head . GO FOR IT

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also get those eyes at Janns Netcraft or at cabelas.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Stumpy

PM sent, I have used his jig heads for several years now. They are powder coated, double baked, #4 sickle with bronze or red chrome hook, and come in 13 colors with rattle eyes.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

theres a company out there that makes these just cant remember there name....TeeZur custom-made crappie jigs I believe is the ones that make them i think

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sickle Hook Jigs

Sickle hooks are much preferred in my thinking. The first part of the hook penetrates well and is a straight in shot when setting the hook, unlike round bend hooks which are immediately curved. Should you ever need some, look over the products at Welcome. Keith Okimoto pours them and they are of the highest quality. Just sent an order in not mre than 10 minutes ago. Good Fishing, Mac