Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for Pops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Pops

Pops, it's me again . I am planning on being down at the Sardis spillway this Friday and needing some information as to what is going on down there this week . Thanks, Mike:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spillway

P'mouth, the weather may get you Friday, but here's the latest. The spillway was cut back some last Saturday (almost 1 1/2" of rain/snow on Friday), and a lot of nice fish were caught over the weekend from the rocks and by boats in the cove below the spillway. I had reports of 20-25 very good fish from different folks.

I went Monday mid-morning and the spillway flow was already back up to 5500 CFS (about 3/4 of the outlet). I didn't expect much and only caught 5 keepers. The main lake is still rising so the COE will run out as much water as they can in the next few weeks. Rule of thumb is: over 1" of rain, spillway will be cut back; over 2" of rain, spillway will usually be cut off for a couple of days.

I haven't been again due to forecasts of W and SW winds. I don't like to fish with wind blowing up the spillway! I have a feeling that the spillway may be cut back again this coming weekend if we get the precip that is being forecasted. I hope it is all liquid and not freezing rain or sleet.

Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, Pops

Thanks for thr information . according to the weather forcast i've been hearing
    it may not be a verry good Friday to fish ,butttt seeings that i'm gonna be in the area I had rather try to catch a few . Beats setting in the truck all day doing nothing while my wife is in class. Is the same type presentation still working or
    do I need to try something else this time? Thanks again,Mike:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spillway

P'mouth, presentation is pretty much always the same, sometimes colors will vary. Just see what colors the fish are hanging from when you get there!

I went down this morning, and the word was out about the weekend. There were anglers all around the south coves below the spillway, and 10-12 boats and waders in the coves. Needless to say, the bite was a little slow with all the activity. I tried up in the spillway (almost no one fishing there) and caught a few fish, left before noon. May go back tomorrow just to try a few different spots.