Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Propane heater

Post Thanks / Like

Default Propane heater

Anyone ever use one of these while fishing in cold weather for crappie. If so are they any good for this and what brand would be a good one. I know a lot of people use them in deer blinds but was wondering if they are good in boats also. Getting too old to take this 20 -30 degree mornings while fishing.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both kinds the one made for the throw away bottle and the one made for five gallon bottle they both work good . the one for the throw away I get about six hours of burn time john

Post Thanks / Like

we use them alot ice fishing and they work great!!!!! the little throw away bottles are what we use...So id say they would work

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Mr Buddy propane heater in my ice shanty. It takes a 1lb. tank of propane. it works fine in a enclosed area. They also make larger ones that require 2 tanks. Whatever heat source you go with, make sure it's protected from the wind. Some of these heaters will not stay lit with a breeze blowing. I usually get 2 trips out of a single tank.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not personally used one but got a couple friends that have recommended the Mr. Buddy heaters! They really like em....one friend keeps his down low in his boat to warm hands and feet when needed!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tail chaser View Post
    I use a Mr Buddy propane heater in my ice shanty. It takes a 1lb. tank of propane. it works fine in a enclosed area. They also make larger ones that require 2 tanks. Whatever heat source you go with, make sure it's protected from the wind. Some of these heaters will not stay lit with a breeze blowing. I usually get 2 trips out of a single tank.
    In a 4x6 shanty they will get it really warm if you keep the doors closed. You even have to keep the beer outside to keep it from getting warm. Not that I drink But I heard that somewhere.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of the older Coleman catalytic heaters (3500-5000btu) that use lantern fluid. put it inside a metal 5 gallon can and swiss cheese the lid with a large drill bit. We leave a couple pairs of jersey gloves on the lid and switch them out when our hands get cold, It's like taking your gloves right out of a warm clothes dryer. Also works great for hot roast beef sandwitches on the single digit days. ( ALWAYS get the heater going before you put it in the boat )
    It just feels right.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use this for a hand warmer. It works great and the wind doesnt blow it out. (BTW, I have a Mr. Buddy Heater I'll sell for $60 + shipping.)

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a MrBuddy heater and they work great.........if there is no wind. Doesn't take much of a breeze to turn them off. Usually I take it if one of my kids goes fishing with me. They stay close to it and block any wind.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    I use this for a hand warmer. It works great and the wind doesnt blow it out. (BTW, I have a Mr. Buddy Heater I'll sell for $60 + shipping.)

x1.....I have this same heater with a little bit different holder..Mine is called a Golf Cat and my holder is attached to the boat deck...I use the holder as a catch all during warmer months & put the heater in during colder months..

Wind does not affect this heater..I also have the Mr Buddy but did not like it on the boat...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast