Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two adults killed and a child is missing at John Redmond Reservoir

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Two adults killed and a child is missing at John Redmond Reservoir

I found this on BBC--

Two adults were killed and a child is missing after a boat capsized on John Redmond Reservoir Saturday in Coffey County.

All three were waterfowl hunting on the reservoir when the boat capsized, according to a news release from the Coffey County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities received a report about the accident at about noon Saturday.

Searchers found the bodies of two adult individuals along with debris on the shoreline of the reservoir. The boat was found in the water.

The child is missing and a search is underway, authorities said. Ground and water searches are ongoing today.

Officers from the Coffey County Sheriff’s Office, Kansas Highway Patrol, Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks, Coffey County Fire District No. 1, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Coffey County EMS and Coffey County Water Rescue Team all responded to the accident.

I wonder if they had life jakets on...This is so sad....

Be safe guys---put your life jacket on..Abd hook up the kill switch..

Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

I helped yesterday looking for the child in the water. 2 life jackets were found mixed in with the debris, so they weren't wearing them but was thought the child, MAYBE, had one on. Air searched and ground search with dogs produced nothing. Very fustrating way to spend a day. Very shallow water so StructureScan was limited to about 40ft wide. Did locate a 5gal bucket. 3 or 4 counties sent help. So, so, sad. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you Chatt!
    Those families... Need our preyers..
    I could not handle finding the child..So sad.
    Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad, i was going to duck hunt Redmond sunday morning and pulled up to see the police and barricades. The officer informed us what had happened and that was a somber moment lemme tell ya. Many prayers to those families