Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk rod holders again

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets talk rod holders again

I currently have 2 Black Widow Ultra on the bow but would like to replace my home made rig on the stern. They need to be a little longer (not higher) than the Ultra but more important, easy to remove as they will have to be mounted on the lid that gives me access to my tank and batteries. I visualize a mount that I can pull a pin and pull the upright rod and rod holders out. I really don't care for the drift masters as they rust fairly easy. Any recommendations? Unfortunately all the pictues I've seen don't really show if the mount is easily removed from the base.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I Have Four Ulras On My Boat.what Do You Not Like About How They Remove.the Black Widow Supreme Is 24 In. Bar Compared To 16 In. Bar On The Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

You might want to check out Bee Ready rod holders,

www.edswebshop.com

They work well for me.

WIMPY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check These OUT!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 5841 titeloks for pulling on my Ranger 520 as you know they are in a 6 inch track but like you I wanted a way to make them simple and quick to get off My friend helped me do this by cutting them towards the base and drilling them and then pressing a piece of round nylon < there is a corrrct name but I dont know it> then screwing it on the base side and making it where you can reattach the top and hold it in place with a aircraft pin On the Ranger the way I have it set up in the front you were going to have to take the holder out of the tract or constantly loosen it and slide it over to stow the trolling motor this also eliminated that problem with one on the front also If I knew how to get pics on here I would send them for you to look at but I aint to sharp on this PC

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY4UA
    I Have Four Ulras On My Boat.what Do You Not Like About How They Remove.the Black Widow Supreme Is 24 In. Bar Compared To 16 In. Bar On The Ultra
    Does the Supreme mount to a track like the Ultra?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Crappie
    Is that a thumb screw that hold the mount to the base?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I currently have 2 Black Widow Ultra on the bow but would like to replace my home made rig on the stern. They need to be a little longer (not higher) than the Ultra but more important, easy to remove as they will have to be mounted on the lid that gives me access to my tank and batteries. I visualize a mount that I can pull a pin and pull the upright rod and rod holders out. I really don't care for the drift masters as they rust fairly easy. Any recommendations? Unfortunately all the pictues I've seen don't really show if the mount is easily removed from the base.
    Like WIMPY I use the Bee Ready rod holders and they are really nice and simple. Easy to remove by just pulling the riser out of the base...just slips in and out, however tight enough to stay in.

I have the base with Aluminum Riser 18" that the rod holders mount to. Actually I have 4 bases and 2 risers with 3 rod holders each so I can move them to the front or back.

See this pic and maybe it will help.
    http://www.beereadyllc.com/asccustom...=3&navParent=0
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-14-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Is that a thumb screw that hold the mount to the base?

They come with a Stainless Steel 5/16" bolt and a 1/2" wrench is used to loosen the bolt. A 5/16" thumbscrew could be used to replace this bolt. It is a dovetail type connection so it is fairly snug anyway. There are a couple reasons I chose to use the bolt:

1) The rest of the bolts used for adjustment are the 5/16" and only one wrench would need to be used for adjustment or removal.

2) The bolt and wrench allows the user to get this tight so that vibration does not work it loose.

Like I said, the thumbscrew can replace this bolt, whatever the preference is.
    Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me ([email protected])
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Its looking like the Bee Ready holders would solve my problem. But again its hard to tell from the pictures about the rod holders themselves. How do they adjust so you can raise or lower the tip of the rods?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast