Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

We're still catching them around 10-feet deep over brush piles on points that drop into deep water.

This morning the kid in this picture caught the first, biggest (17-inches) and most.

Sure beats working for a living!

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2006 at 07:13 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry , the 3rd one from the left on the board looks like it has been up shallow for a long time.They sure do look nice.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that fish is a Black Crappie. Look at the spot pattern. I don't see the spots forming any vertical bands.

Those are nice looking crappie guys. Have they spawned all their eggs by now?

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    Jerry , the 3rd one from the left on the board looks like it has been up shallow for a long time.They sure do look nice.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    We've been getting several males with the bottom of their tails raw and even missing some. Also, getting quite a few crappie with injuries that look like they've been attacked by gar.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    I have a feeling that fish is a Black Crappie. Look at the spot pattern. I don't see the spots forming any vertical bands.

Those are nice looking crappie guys. Have they spawned all their eggs by now?
    In that picture you can pick out the blacks and whites and also the males and females of both.

They still have a few eggs but are pretty much done. There are still a few that have viable looking eggs (must be coming out of some cooler water somewhere) but most look like what's left are breaking down.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry,
    Making me drool. Our fish haven't made it in yet. Cool nights and cold rain have kept the temps down. Not getting the boat out today either, winds 25-35 with higher gusts.

Tightlines,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oksrt55
    Jerry,
    Making me drool. Our fish haven't made it in yet. Cool nights and cold rain have kept the temps down. Not getting the boat out today either, winds 25-35 with higher gusts.

Tightlines,
    Steve
    Hey Steve,

Come on down - I'll put you right in the middle of them. They finally slowed down some today - only 24-keepers and only one big one - 15-inches.

The bite was a lot lighter than it has been and they were all black crappie except the one big one, which we caught while talking about heading for the boat ramp.

We had some wind to deal with today and supposed to again tomorrow. I have brush piles in sheltered areas but they're not always the ones that are producing.

I'll be out there looking for some more bigguns in the morning.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

FISH4DUG Guest

Wow ! That Looks Like One Happy Young Man ! We Are Still Waiting In Kansas Also. Been Catching A Few But Nothing Like That ! Water Temp Is 60 But Been Murked Up From The Rain Last Week, Lock Jaw From The Cold Snap, This Week We Got Wind,hopefully It Will Be On This Week End. Did You Catch All Those On Jigs ? Good Luck Fish4dug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4DUG
    Wow ! That Looks Like One Happy Young Man ! We Are Still Waiting In Kansas Also. Been Catching A Few But Nothing Like That ! Water Temp Is 60 But Been Murked Up From The Rain Last Week, Lock Jaw From The Cold Snap, This Week We Got Wind,hopefully It Will Be On This Week End. Did You Catch All Those On Jigs ? Good Luck Fish4dug
    Those were all caught on Rosy Red minnows. We've been catching a few on jigs but for most of my clients live bait is the most productive.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast