Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Electric Chicken Shorted Out!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Electric Chicken Shorted Out!

Got to Joseph Harbor to find the water lower than I have ever seen it - almost couldn't launch the boat! Had to bypass one spot - couldn't get into it - and blast across a mud-flat to get into another. Caught six there - only two keepers and none on the chicken, but the time spent there allowed the tide to come up enough to get into the spot we had tried earlier. Ended up filling our limits there on purple jigs and flies. Gotta admit, though, that once we found some cooperative fish, we didn't give the chicken another chance.
    Anyway, once again there were no big ones - all were about 19 to 21 inches. Fun and good eating.
    And the chicken will get another opportunity next time!
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you expect Pete, electricity and salt water will cause a short every time. Didn't you know? I guess the first time was luck.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

PPG, I wish you would have informed H&H and the Bass Assasin guys of that before I spent so many dollars! But you know what? With a name like "Electric Chicken", I'd have still had to buy some anyway!
    That's almost as cool as "Ugly Fly"! :D
    Best to Linda.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You just don't know when something will be a hit no mater how outrageous it is. And speaking of chicken and outrageous, have you seen the price of chicken wings, just to think not that long ago we used that for crab bait. Ha, not no more cher.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, Congrats on the catch.. btw, Bundick's is still a bust from the report I got friday.
    You can't fish with a hung line!