Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappy "unfishable" weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappy "unfishable" weather

The weather report of light winds was all I needed to get out and stretch some lines jig fishing. I arrived at first light and to my surprise I got the first parking spot. With surface water temps of 44 and air temps in the low 30's, I thought it might be a slow morning, at least until the snow flurries stopped and the sun broke through the clouds, as forecasted....right.

I wrapped my hands around my favorite $14 Stuff-Mart fishing rod. Tied on one of my favorite home-made Orange head/Gold body/White marabou jig and sent it down to the deep cold abyss.

My first spot wasn't productive and I moved down the bank 50-yds or so. I marked some fish hanging out in deep water and sent the jig down. As the jig descended I felt that ole' familiar "THUMP"! I set the hook and hoisted in a keeper right away.

I fished the area and had a few nice fish swimming in my lucky bucket (livewell). But I knew with all the shad and birds in the area, I just had to find a better area. The next area produced this PIG eating up my jig.

It was the biggest for the day, but not the last one. I had to go through several dinks to fill the box, but it did get filled.

I got home around 1pm and had a nice limit of 30 fat crappies.

And here is a few more that couldn't stand having my jig in their face this cool crisp December morning.

Hope you enjoyed.

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish I really need to order some jigs from you, and would like to know how to go about doing that

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a nice time prowler.....ceasers???.....thats a good looking jig in your avatar...

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day. This is crappIE weather, not crappy. Best time of the year to put slabs in the boat. Not to be a smart allic, but did you turn the livewell pump on at any point? Those fish are swimming upside down, lol.
    It's crazy how most the good fish you post from there are whites in a lake that is very similar to EF, where the better fish are blacks. Those are some nice slabs!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Amilner, I’ll send you a PM.

Hey Blind Squirrel, thank you for the compliment. The Dart Head is making a comeback, thanks to my friend JJ1. What is nice about it is when it butts up to a limb it will usually hop over it, where a round head tends to roll to the side a snags a bit easier.

Speckwick, it was another good day. Supposedly there are good numbers of black crappies in Caesars, but I’ve had difficulties figuring out exactly how to catch them. I’d welcome a tournament winning pro come give me some lessons. I guess when they come out of deep water it really messes with their balance. I tried to release a few but they just swim around on the top of the water. That is why I keep so many, fillet them and then donate them to somebody in need. I have a double aerator running continuously. However, when they go under the knife they come back to life and I noticed they get a lot of their color back after the ride home in the lucky bucket. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job. me and my partner was there today brought home 50. nice day on the lake might have seen you on the lake. sure was nice with just a few boats on the lake. keep up the good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

PROLWER......"it was another good day. Supposedly there are good numbers of black crappies in Caesars, but I’ve had difficulties figuring out exactly how to catch them. I’d welcome a tournament winning pro come give me some lessons"......

by the looks of them pics your the one who needs to be giving lessons on Ceasars creek.....looking at most of the post on here, if you take most posters off of EF they might not know what to do......

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great day. Congrats on the full livewells.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great photos, looks like a very productive day to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wandering if the lake was still open or not? Thought about trying it tomorrow if it is. Everything is froze up here but not enough ice to fish. It is a two hour drive for me so dont want to come down and not be able to get out. Thought of going to ef and donating my money just so I can fish. This transition period sucks. Cant handle not fishig. I have never been on neither lakes so any info on ramps would be apprciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast