Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New member saying hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New member saying hello!

Hello all, I live in Greenbrier and just found crappie.com a couple of weeks ago. After reading some of the posts I decided there are a lot great people and info here and I need to join. I haven't been able to fish much in the last few years because of some back problems but I'm happy to say that I'm now pretty much good to go. I moved here from N.W. Ar. The only lake I've had a chance to get on and fish is Greer's Ferry. Did ok for not knowing anything about the lake but hoping to do much better this year. I also want to get out on some of the lakes in the area I've been reading about. I don't have a fancy rig, just my little duck hunting boat, but I still have a good time being on the water and if I catch some fish so much the better. I don't know anyone to fish with around here yet, so if any of you are in need of a new fishing buddy give me a shout. Anyway sorry to get so long winded, I just wanted to say hi and to thank all of you that have posted the good crappie info I've been reading.....so to all of you that have.....Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I havent fished Greers Ferry for crappie in years but it can be a great lake to fish. We used to nightstalk on Greers Ferry years ago and flat loaded the boat just about every trip. The Salt creek area has a bunch of standing timber and Higdon Bay has some well placed brushpiles that always produce. You might want to check out crappie camp on the main board and try and go to it. It will give you a chance to meet some other crappaholics and maby find you someone to weigh down the front of the boat for you. Take care and glad to have you on board.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, look forward to your posts.

3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome luv2fish, good to have you with us. Lots of good information on here. If you can try to come to crappie camp in April. We're gonna talk about forming a crappie club while there. Good fishing.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome.....looks like a myself and a buddy of mine are going to make "crappie camp" for a couple of days. Hope to see some of you there!