Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claiming fishing on my taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Claiming fishing on my taxes

I put $82.00 dollars in the boat and truck last friday to top everything off before the brawl. Then on the way home, i put $10.00 more dollars in the truck(going over two big mountains with a boat on isn't very good mpg) , then yesterday i put $30.00 more in the truck and boat. Then this morning, put $12.00 in the pressure washer and $20.00 more in the truck. Question is, can i claim fishing as a dependant on my 2004 tax return or do i just have to claim that as a loss? :p

Gonna have to get a third job it looks like. Oh well, gonna fish whether or not gas is $3.00 a gallon, just might have to pull the boat with a bicycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxes

Fatboy, take your pressure washer and clean a coupla boats then you can claim mileage, motel room, food and pressure washing cost The IRS may catch it if you claim it as a dependent. Then maybe not.....

Post Thanks / Like

I wish we could write of fishing expenses. We'd all get a nice return from lures alone. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxes

From what I understand you can claim all expenses you accure on a trip/vacation so long as you apply for a job while in the area, whether it be a McDonalds, Walmart, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

I think i will claim it as a business expense. You know, kinda like a stress reliever or something.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Whats next a REAL perscription for beer from someone other than Dr. Rango. BTW Dr. Rango I need a refill.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh i already have a lifetime prescription for that. That is what my front livewell is for, beer cooler.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxes??

The only thing that I can claim on 1040 is she and me. Hell, I ought to be able to claim : 3 boats, 3 vehicles, 3 houses, 3 trips to Bass Pro, and 3 kids. Yep, even the kids. Thought after the kids were gone, there would be relief. Nope. Now, it is grand kids too. Wife retired. Have to pay taxes on her retirement. Sucks. Government want let us have much without taxes. Wasn't there something about taxes at the Boston Tea Party? lol.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In Virginia you can claim part of the money you spend for boat gas. (legally) I'm not sure how it works as I always forget.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy,

Get a guide license and take a couple people out every year and you can right off all your fishing expenses, at least for a few years. Sooner or later though you'll have to make a profit. Guess I'm going to have to in the next year or two.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast