Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shenango Ice

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango Ice

Altho i still cant fish, i took a ride up to the lake to check out the ice for my buddys that were at work. Couldnt drill holes cause of the bad shoulder so i left the auger home. Here's a few pics.

ice at 846 area. over an inch thick last wednesday. Should be close to 3 by now.

golden run area. notice how shallow it is back there. you can see the stumps above the ice at the top left.

and this is the rec launch area. it also had over an inch last week.
    If you go out, be careful. check ice every 5-10ft you walk out.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Chaunc if you want to ice fish let me know, I will drill the holes:D Let me know. How is that shoulder of yours?
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    Chaunc if you want to ice fish let me know, I will drill the holes:D Let me know. How is that shoulder of yours?
    Shoulder sux..... . Cant fish yet. I'm going to start a new therapy plan and see if it helps it get better quicker. Hopefully, i'll get a chance to go fish . I missed the first season , got dust on my new shanty.:D

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are going to have to get that dust off now aren't we:D How is the other shoulder? maybe you can switch hit? move the reel handle to the opposite side and you should be good to go.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hit golden run on the 15th. 2.5 inches of ice and was fading fast. By 4 o'clock the ice was swiss cheese, but I brought home 25 nice ones and threw back half as many so it was all well worth it. This weekend should lock it all up again and hopefully we'll be back on.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, the wind is supposed to die down early this afternoon. Do you think it will be stiff enough to fish saturday? I need to get back on some ice. last weekend went to Author and fished but, it was on 1" to 2.5" inches of ice. I didn't catch anything. The pucker factor was in full gear!
    Well here is hoping things shape up for a saturday start.
    Ps, Chaunc, what about the other arm?:D
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, i wont chance losing my job as i'm on S&A and they ALWAYS have the hounds and the cameras out........ if you know what i mean ! And besides that, there is no way i'm getting on ice less than 3". The Lake is rising and the ice is very unstable. If dogxxx wants to risk it, its his life. If you decide to go, please be careful. I know you're very experienced, so use your knowledge of ice. I may take a ride up today and take some pics. I'll post what i see. Good luck and god bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, I know what you mean about the hounds. I did not realize the water was rising, that changes everything. We were to have a ice fishing tournament in Ny next weekend but, I just looked at the web cam for that lake and of course it is wide open with white caps on it. I think it may be time to put the ice gear away and get the boat ready. The weather just needs to stabilize one way or the other. I'm tired of the back and forth.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Went up and took a few pics of the ice.

thats all the ice i found on the whole lake. heres golden run

If you're gonna fish saturday..... bring the boat. :D

Post Thanks / Like

The lake wasn't rising on the 15th. No one was risking their lives, and if you are worried about getting fired for sitting on a bucket, i'm surprised you'll go out on less than a foot. Anyway.....hopefully this cold snap we're feeling will put us back on. Remember, we were on shenango until the middle of March last year....could still have a month left if things go the way they are supposed to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast