Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Pro Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Pro Line

Just bought some Power Pro 10-2 gold color. My question is how visible is it and do you recommend using a mono leader or just tie on our jig or hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Pro Plus

I just started jig fishing this year, friend turned me on to PPP 10/2 Yellow. I use this line exclusively, no leader and I fish multiple jigs at one time. Has not affected my catch at all.
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Slipbobber ...

I've used PP 10/2 in the 'yellow/gold' color, for the last year. I tie my jigs directly to the PP. I've mostly used Roadrunners with it, and have pulled them off some hangups that I know mono would never have done.
    Tie your knots with care and precision, and you won't have any problems. I use the "improved clinch" knot on PP & mono (but, mostly because I can tie that knot without my "reading glasses" :rolleyes: ).
    You will notice, after a period of use, that the yellow color will fade some ... nothing to be concerned with, it just does that. It's not a sign of the line "wearing out" or weakening. Just be mindful of any "freyed" spots ... just like you would for mono.
    I tried it on a UL outfit ... but, didn't like the "singing" noise it made on that particular rod (rod has small diameter metal guides). I'm currently using it on a med action rod w/ceramic guides/Shimano Spirex 2000 reel. Works very well. I have only had a couple of instances where "wind knots" occurred ... and they were most likely due to "operator error" (not untwisting line, casting 1/32oz jig in 10-15mph crosswinds, using 6ft med rod - with no tip action).
    It casts great, I can see it very good in all lighting conditions, it's very sensitive, it telegraphs the slightest "bump", and I don't have to set the hook as hard as I do with mono.
    Be sure and fill your reel about 1/2way or so, with some old junk mono ... tie it to your PowerPro, then finish filling the reel. This saves on the amount of line you use to fill the reel, plus gives the PP something to "bite into", so that it doesn't "spin" on your reel's line spool.
    I bought a spool of the 10/2 Yellow for my fishing bud (Christmas present). He's a diehard Stren Gold 4# mono user ... and occasionally a "wimpy" hooksetter :D -- I think he's going to like the PowerPro. We'll know for sure, first time he uses it, this Spring ................. cp

ps - get yourself a pair of "Childs Fiskar Scissors", to cut PowerPro line with ... your hands & fingers will thank you for it !!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-13-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use only Powerpro, like other have stated tie it right to the jig. I use the white and yellow, I havent seen that one color is better than the other. Just remember you dont have set the hook as hard with PP because there is no stretch like mono. Once you go to powerpro you will never go back to mono...
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I hate to do this, expose my weak brain, but what does 10/2 mean?
    10# test with 2# test diameter? Also Where do you buy it?
    I've used mrcrappie 4# high vis yellow the last few weeks and love it so far. I can't believe how good the line preforms. I got 3100 yards for 6.99.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

The best place I've found to buy it is walmart. Our basspro here dosen't stock it. the #4 mr. ''crappie'' that I put on all my reels faded out and got brittle after a very short time. I have relaced all my line with either stren gold or power pro 10-2
    Last edited by paw paw perch; 02-13-2006 at 11:39 AM.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you are right falcon, 10 pound test/2 pound diameter. I only wished powerpro was cheaper, its 12 bucks for 150 yards. Good thing is you dont have have to put that on one rod, 150 yards I can usually spool 2 or 3 rods with.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pp

Has the power pro eaten any line guides or line pick ups on the reel?

Most braided I have tried just carved my guides and pick ups...
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

None that I have ever seen, been using the stuff for a year and half now.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the same stuff I've got. 10-2 gold works very well. It is sensitive and takes less weight to get it down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast