Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally sent my Christmas care package!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally sent my Christmas care package!

I should have gotten on the stick right after Tom (Cane Pole) posted about the care packages, but I procrastinated until this week, so I made it to Wally world and started shopping for stuff and had fun filling my box. Sent some hunting/fishing, motorcycle and truck magazines along with a few snacks and wet wipes. I'm pretty sure it'll get there by the holiday. I was so tickled to get everything in the box and sealed up, then I realized I forgot to put my letter in! Had to slice through all that tape and then seal it up again.

There have been several events in our area celebrating our soldiers and they always say that we'll never know how much they appreciate the letters and goodies from home.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Vonna. I know that Aaron and others will appreciate any and all gifts. As I said, there ain't no wal mart in Afghanistan. I am hoping others will read my sticky post at top of page to read about sending stuff.

Here is a picture of Aaron and his new family. His wife gave birth to the darling girl a few days before he shipped out to Afghanistan.

I hope everyone who reads this post finds it in their heart to send a little something to these guys. They are risking everything for us. We can and should send them a little something with a thank you note. It is the least we should do to show our appreciation.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...christmas.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-01-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: link
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

i got a flat rate box and everything from post office ,will have to do some shopping ,might send mine the week of christmas so they won`t get them all at the same time

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just take the flate rate box to walmart and fill easy to do then there is no guessing on how much will fit
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The better half and me got ours away yesterday, Pringles, beef jerky, cards, wet wipes, "AA, AAA and D" batteries, WARM hunting socks, crossword puzzle books, a BUNCH of hard candies, almonds and cashews, some little cute girlie hand sanitizer stuff tubes (lavender scent no less!) dried banana trail mix and a variety of magazines. Being former military, adamently insisted on 1 "skin" magazine since not EVERYONE in the lower ranks is married, SHE counters "What if it goes to a female soldier, or to a gay one?....countered with "Well, what if it goes to a single GAY female soldier?" In it went! Being far from home, away from their families in a foriegn land during the Holidays will certainly be less than pleasant, hopefully the care boxes will help let the troops know we are thinking of them...