PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

driller
02-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Guys, The weather was not good here this weekend and I spent my time watching T.V. There was a program on one of the channels about a fishing tournament that benefitted the St Jude Childrens Hospital in Memphis. Some of the pictures of these little kids with cancer are heartbreaking to say the least.

Is there any way we could set a date and have an "on-line" tournament and send the money we raise to St Judes? It would have to be on the "honor system" with weights reported in to this web site. I would propose that all entry fees be forwarded to St Judes directly from a bank, and I will contribute $50 towards the purchase of a trophy for the winner.

Maybe I am out of line here, but it seems to me that there must be something we can do to help those kids.

Mo'nBack
02-13-2006, 06:31 AM
That's the day my 8 year old sister passed away at St Judes. We were all there and I was 17. I still can't watch the TV show you mentioned, but I can do any sort of tourney that comes up. Thanks.

stumpbumpers
02-13-2006, 06:47 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to participate in a tourney, but I'll support our members in the cause by donating. I think it would be a great idea to use what we love to do, to help the people we love.

PieEye
02-13-2006, 06:57 AM
In.!!!!

dafshklr
02-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Maybe just a donation drive on behalf of Crappie.com would work? Just a thought. If you see this being the case, I will donate 40.00 to start things off. Maybe we can get an online auction going on some guided tours from some of these guides that are on here and provide an extreme amount of helpful information.
It wouldn't take long to get up several thousand dollars for such a great cause!

DENNIS BOWERS
02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
I"ll do what I can to Help. I try to donate to them once a month. So Many Bad Causes an this is Truely a good one!!

anchorpuller
02-13-2006, 09:34 AM
What a wonderful thought. I'm all for it.
I wouldn't feel comfortable competing with some of the BEST crappie fishers in the world (all yall), but would be more than happy to donate to the cause.:)

frank lawhead
02-13-2006, 10:31 AM
What a wonderful thought. I'm all for it.
I wouldn't feel comfortable competing with some of the BEST crappie fishers in the world (all yall), but would be more than happy to donate to the cause.:)

YOU,D BE A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE WALKING OFF WITH THE FIRST PLACE PRIZE HEHE

Thumper1
02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Get a mod to make this a sticky...I'm in for a donation!

speck chaser
02-13-2006, 01:36 PM
count me in also

driller
02-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Guys, I havent been on here too long and dont have the slightest clue who the mods are. A little help would be appreciated. If you know one of them, please ask to have it made a "sticky"........Thanks, driller

Tommy
02-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Hey gang. I'm in either way that way that we decided to go. I have trouble making the events sponsored on behalf of crappie.com due to my work, but would be more than willing to donate to the cause.

driller
02-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Tommy--I was hoping that we could just do it on your own local waters, and use an "honor" system.

skiptomylu
02-14-2006, 07:21 AM
I think that's a great idea! I would participate and really don't need a trophy, braggin' rights is enough, LOL!

Use that money for the kids too.

I have known about that outfit for a long time and they do wonderful work.

CrappiePappy
02-14-2006, 07:28 AM
contact Ed by PM (not email) ... brainstorm with him, on what would be the best/easiest course of action to implement your idea.

Having a "on-line" tourney would/could take awhile ... and there'd only be "one" winner (of a trophy). That may leave some interested members out of the deal. But, having donations sent to Ed, then cashed and forwarded to the cause (collectively from the membership of Crappie.com) might be a better way to go. At least it would give all members a better chance at giving what they can .... then everyone's a winner !!

We've successfully done the "collection" thing - for upgrades to the site, Anchorpuller's Trolling Motor ... so we know that it can be done, and how big the hearts of the members are. We'd need a time frame/limit for the donations to be mailed in to Ed (or whomever is designated). We don't want checks to be straggling in, weeks after the fact.

And, just FYI ..... anytime you want to know whom the Moderator of a Forum is - look at the main page of that forum, down in the bottom righthand corner of the page. The Moderator(s) of that forum are listed there, by their user name.
I'll make this thread a "sticky", until such time that you & Ed (or ?) get all the details worked out. Then you can post another thread, explaining the whole deal, and put a "title" on that thread that will draw more attention to it (more than "just a thought"). I will then make that post a sticky, and "unstick" this one. .................... cp :cool:

bobber-in-water
02-14-2006, 09:39 AM
im in let me no what were doing witchever way we go

Jerry Blake
02-14-2006, 11:31 AM
This is a great idea – to help St Jude’s whether we make it an on-line tournament or not!!!!

I'll donate the proceeds from an auction for a half-day fishing trip. Anyone that is interested can place their bids right here or send me an email or PM with your bid and I’ll post what the top bid is – it can be anonymous if you wish.

ONE HALF-DAY FISHING TRIP FOR FOUR FROM
ACTION FISHING TRIPS
WITH JERRY BLAKE

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/7-29-05.JPG

YEAR ROUND FAMILY FISHING FUN FOR:

CRAPPIE BLACK BASS WHITE BASS
STRIPERS WALLEYE CATFISH AND MORE

NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – YOUNGSTERS WELCOME

TO SCHEDULE YOUR FISHING TRIP CALL

(501) 844-9028
Since 1980 I have enjoyed and shared relaxing and exciting fishing
adventures on the various lakes and rivers in the Hot Springs Arkansas area.

Come along and enjoy a scenic fishing trip aboard my 22’ Blue Wave Center Console
and take home great memories and fresh caught fish for supper.

Boat, gas, bait, tackle, bottled drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, a Polaroid picture, filleting and packaging of your fish and emergency cell phone are all provided.

Guarantee: If we don’t catch your dinner your next fishing trip is FREE!

For more information and to see what we’re catching visit

www.ActionFishingTrips.com

($240 Value)

gone fishing
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I"ll donate a one day fishing trip on Big Sandy and donate 50.00, let me no.

SEE YOU AT THE FISHING HOLE
GUIDE SERVICE

Donald

SnakeDoctor
02-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Count me in also....Tourney or Donation

krappiekrazy
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Count on me for donation:D .......working out of town too much to fish a tournament:mad: . Can`t fish but can mail money......:D

Cane Pole
02-14-2006, 06:35 PM
My grandson was diagnosed with lukemia when he was 6 months old. He is now 14 and doing fine. St Jude's saved his life. I donate frequently. I don't do good in tournaments and I ain't no guide, but I wil take someone out fishing and "guide" them if they will donate the money to St Judes for the trip. Maybe Jerry Blake can auction off a trip with the "Canepole". I will put you on the fish. One day in latter April. Will post me days off. Any takers? I guarantee ye a good outing.

Rules of engagement:

I don't bait your hooks.
I don't clean your fish.
Bring your own gear cause you ain't breakin mine..ha

fishingpox
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
St. Judes and LeBonneur are good people. I give to St. Judes mostly. Put me in for a few bucks.

driller
02-15-2006, 04:53 AM
I believe that we should "clear" this with the site owners before going a lot furthur. If it is to be a Crappie.com project we need to talk to someone in charge.

bobber-in-water
02-16-2006, 08:00 PM
:) :) i'll do the same as canepole as well if needed take a kid fishing or what ever is the best focal point.love to show a child a great way and tecniqe to catch good crappie with lots of qwanity in mind. as well of some of my favorite hony holes:p :p yee haa im in ...........ps let me no:D :D

driller
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
OK guys, Come Monday morning I will go to a local bank and see if I can make arraingements for them to accept donations for St Judes on behalf of Crappie.com . If there are no objections.

Slab
02-17-2006, 07:39 PM
You guys are awsome. Always thinking of others.

OK, here's the deal. Let me figure out how I can make this work. I want that all the proceeds go to St Judes (of course). But I have to check to see if this is possible to do through Crappie.com. It can certainly be done in the name of Crappie.com but as a business I don't know if there are rules preventing me from acting as a "collector" of funds for this. I'd suggest that maybe we send it to a trusted member as opposed to getting the "business" involved and then having us hit some sort of "red tape" surrounding the collection of the monies. If a trusted member collects the money informally, maybe that would bypass any regulations. I just don't know. But give me a little time to investigate it. Ideas from experts in this field are certainly welcome.

Oh, and I'll have $100 to donate the cause.

Like I keep saying, Crappie fishermen are the best.

Oh yeah, now I read Drillers idea of accepting donations at a bank to go directly to St. Judes. Maybe that's the answer. cool, lets see

driller
02-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks Ed. I have sent you a PM on this subject and will hold up on visiting the bank on Monday until I hear from you again.

Crappie Xtreme
02-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I knew there was a reason why I liked this site. I just found out about this site a few days ago and decided to join because the reading was very good.
My dad died 2 years ago with cancer and one of the last things we did together was crappie fish. Oh the memories with your dad.
I would like to donate to the cause if someone would just send me a PM telling me how.

Thanx
Scott

Slab Seeker
02-19-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm in for a donation !!!

luvdemcrappies
02-20-2006, 07:10 AM
i'm in, from memphis i know how special that place is, i think this is an awesome idea!!!

krappiekrazy
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Lost my father, father-in-law, mother-in-law, 2 uncles, aunt, and now have a 45 year old cousin diagnosed with cancer. I will match edheads $100 and challenge other to dig deep.

Crappisaurusrex
02-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Can you post this on each state board so everyone with see it. I'm definitely in!

driller
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
I am waiting on the "go ahead" from Ed to set up some sort of account to collect and disberse the donations.

driller
03-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I have recieved word from Ed that we have a "green light" to move ahead with this project. I shall contact a bank to to handle the money and foreward a bank check to St Judes when WE ask them to do so.

Now, I need input from you guys on how long we should continue our "DRIVE" for donations. Any ideas?

anchorpuller
03-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm glad we got the go ahead on this. Thanks for putting it together Driller.
I, personally, think 30days/one month is a good time for donations to come in. It gives everyone a chance to get paid in whatever way they do and contribute as they can/want. Anything shorter than that may leave someone out. If it goes much longer than that, folks may procrastinate and never get " 'roun tuit" if you know what I mean.
Just a suggestion.
Let us know when and where you get it set up.

DENNIS BOWERS
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree with Ancorpuller-30 days should give anyone who wants to donate time.

mighty
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
You know I do not know why I clicked on this link, but for some reason I did. Anyway God bless Crappie.com members. Let let me know when its ready to go and I am in. Put up another post or something that says Donation for ST. Jude.

This site has not help me learn fishing it is helped me grow spiritually.

Mighty

Billy
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Count me in for $100. Driller...got any deatails yet? Billy

driller
03-08-2006, 09:37 AM
OK Guys and Gals, We should be set up by this afternoon.

I apologise for the delay in getting this done, but have been driving 65 miles each way to visit my 90 year old mother in the hospital every day and really havent had the time to get to the bank when it was open. #1 priority today is to set this thing up and then we can ROLL with it.

THANKS for the open hearts and checkbooks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the donations will be put to good use at St Judes. I will ask the bank to accept funds for 30 days and then forward the money to St Judes directly from the bank. PLEASE do not send the money to me for deposit!!!! I will post the address of the bank later today.

driller
03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
After meeting with the Integra Bank manager here today, here is what I have come up with.

They will be glad to accept donations for St Judes and will send them a bank check when we decide the "drive" is finisihed or on the appointed day.

Problem: Due to excessive paperwork the bank cannot furnish us with a list of NAMES of donors---only ammounts of the donations. If you wish to have your name posted on Crappie.com as being a donor, we will have to do this another way. The bank manager suggested that we appoint someone to accept checks or money orders made out payable to the bank and St Judes and record the names and ammounts of the checks before making the deposit, so they can have their names posted. I need input on this before going further. The bank offered to handle the money and cut the check for FREE! No service charges !

What do you say guys---want your name in lights or just a warm feeling in your hearts?

Next thing---Would you guys help out by posting something about this in your respective STATE threads???? Please!!! If you run across a state other than your own that does not have it posted--PLEASE do so---THANKS !....driller

anchorpuller
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Again, just an opinion....

Go ahead and set up the account. Post the account number and info needed for the donation to be sent to.
Those that want to be known on crappie.com for thier donation can post it themselves.
Those that just want to contribute to the cause anonomously (if that is how you spell it) can also.
When the end date has come, perhaps you may come back and post what the total donation was in the name of crappie.com members.

It really doesn't matter to me personally. Just thinking about "keep it simple".

Thanks again for your time with this!:)

driller
03-09-2006, 06:58 AM
OK--I will opent the account today and post the account # this afternoon along with the address of the bank and instructions on how to make donations. Thanks guys for helping out this worthy cause....driller

driller
03-09-2006, 06:59 AM
OK--I will open the account today and post the account # this afternoon along with the address of the bank and instructions on how to make donations. Thanks guys for helping out this worthy cause....driller

driller
03-10-2006, 11:33 AM
The account is opened. here is the information you will need to make a donation.

Account # is: 0180014607 at the Integra Bank located at1197 Canton Road, Cadiz,Ky. 42211.

Make your checks payable to--Crappie.com/St Jude Hospital.

If you wish, you may send the checks to me and I will make the deposit for you. Whiney Curtis--211-Cherokee Ct. -Cadiz,Ky 42211. DO NOT make the check payable to anyone except the Crappie.com/St Jude Hospital.

For those of you that wish to make an electronic transfer of funds---the routing number of the bank is---086300025.

The bank CANNOT accept Pay Pal---sorry.

The bank will deposit the checks in the fund and write a single bank check to St Judes 30 days from yesterday.

My apoligies for the delay in getting this done, but my wife and I both have mothers that are hospitalized and in different towns and have been running our tails off for a couple of weeks.

If you have a problem or need answers to a question please E-mail me at wcurtis40@mchsi.com

Once again---I thank you for the patience, I thank the bank for their co-operation, I thank Ed for his help---and MOST OF ALL---the kids at St Judes THANK YOU!!!!! for the open hearts, minds and wallets......GOD BLESS each of you......driller

Crappisaurusrex
03-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree with anchorpuller that it should be anonymous. I do think a weekly update on the total would be nice. Thanks C-Rex

driller
03-11-2006, 05:42 AM
It is just a matter of me running by the bank and asking for the balance in the account and then posting it on here. NO PROBLEM.

S10CHEVY
03-14-2006, 04:14 PM
driller, it is posted on the Pennsylvania board.

driller
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Thank You very much !

JimmyS
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Driller, I just posted this on the Georgia board also. Great cause. Jimmy S.

driller
03-23-2006, 07:02 AM
As of yesterday morning the balance in the account was $150. The $50 I put in to open the account and a check for $100 that was recieved here at my home from a member. LETS GO guys. This thing will end soon and I know that your hearts are in the right place---so send in the donations---no matter how small.

CrappiePappy
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM
and my check will be in the mail, soon. ........ cp :cool:

Rev.
04-12-2006, 02:17 PM
sound like a great Idea!!!

minnerhead
04-13-2006, 06:45 AM
just seein if this is workin its my 5 time or so to register and never been able to post any threads thanks guys

BulBob
04-13-2006, 01:19 PM
An auction or contest?

I'm not sure what you have in mind but I can provide some BulletBobbers as prizes or to auction off.

Got no No Money just neat bobbers and I want to help.

CrappiePappy
04-13-2006, 05:38 PM
An auction or contest?

I'm not sure what you have in mind but I can provide some BulletBobbers as prizes or to auction off.

Got no No Money just neat bobbers and I want to help.

This is strictly a "check, money order, electronic transfer" deal ...... it's to help the St Jude Children's Hospital, as a collective effort of the membership of Crappie.com.

The "auction/contest/tourney" idea was nixed, in favor of having a membership wide donation ... sent to the bank mentioned ... and then having the bank cut a check to St Judes (in the name of Crappie.com) ..... cp :cool: