Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider Rigging Questions

What are some things you would like to know about spider rigging? If you would, post some question about things you would like to learn about spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried this method a few times on suspended fish over flats during the summer, but it doesn't do us much good in Ohio with a 2 pole limit. It is a good method to locate fish, but once I find them I'll normally cast jigs with a single pole. Also, some of our lake have so much standing timber it's difficult to manuever through without getting hung up.

Post Thanks / Like

Is spider rigging the best crappie fishing method at this time of year in Ohio? If not, When? Can you show a typical rig set-up? What are some typical baits used and favorite colors of pro tournament fishermen using this method? How many rods can legally be used in Ohio? Can I spider rig with my 5-1/2' fishing poles or do I need specialized equipment? Do you hook the minnows through the dorsal fins also? Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

do you use real or fake Spider?
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EFslabs;1331686] but it doesn't do us much good in Ohio with a 2 pole limit.QUOTE]

Love vertical trolling, do it alot, maybe to much, but i can tell you, most of the time if we tried to run more than 2 rods an angler, it would be more trouble than help. If we tried running 6-8 apiece like the boys down south, id just slit my wrist's and get it over with.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EFslabs View Post
    I have tried this method a few times on suspended fish over flats during the summer, but it doesn't do us much good in Ohio with a 2 pole limit. It is a good method to locate fish, but once I find them I'll normally cast jigs with a single pole. Also, some of our lake have so much standing timber it's difficult to manuever through without getting hung up.
    Hey EFslabs when I first started to learn how to spider rig I never used over 4 poles. The best rig to use when working around structure is called the Kentucky lake rig or also know as the bottom-bouncing rig. There is bell sinker at the bottom and above that there are two hooks spaced about 12 to 18 inches apart. Once you locate the crappie I would do the same thing you said I'll normally cast jigs with a single pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64 View Post
    Is spider rigging the best crappie fishing method at this time of year in Ohio? If not, When? Can you show a typical rig set-up? What are some typical baits used and favorite colors of pro tournament fishermen using this method? How many rods can legally be used in Ohio? Can I spider rig with my 5-1/2' fishing poles or do I need specialized equipment? Do you hook the minnows through the dorsal fins also? Thanks for the advice.
    2 rods per angler in Ohio. Makes for a funny looking "spider".
    It's not a keeper if you have to ask...:p

Post Thanks / Like

Two poles kinda makes it and "antenna" rig LOL... but seriously, if you guys really want to do it, I would rig up a way to fish two people (like with the "add a seat" that used to be available anyway) then fish the 4 poles (two to a man). All you are doing with the spider rig is trying to mimic a school of bait. so take the 4 poles and double rig them and BAM! you have 8 baits down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    do you use real or fake Spider?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p
    >< 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast