Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bump and tug

Post Thanks / Like

Smile bump and tug

I know that spider-rigging catches lots of fish but don't you miss the bump,to me it's like a straight shot of Mt. Dew into the vein .even when you miss a fish it felt good to get that bite.not making fun ,just wondering.::

Post Thanks / Like

I can only tell you from my time rigging, that when you have 2 or 3 poles go down at once and you and your partner are grabbing for them that it can be just as much fun if not more than jigging, its just what you want or need. Its just not the amount of fish you catch but the enjoyment you get out of it. Theres all kinds of ways to do it, just what you enjoy that matters.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I've pondered this same question many times. I kinda sorta do a style of spider rigging sometimes but instead of using rod holders I use my hands and hold a rod in each hand, one out each side of the boat, kinda the best of both worlds type thing. I still get to feel the thump and kinda rig at the same time. On the other hand I can't imagine having 4 rods or more going down at the same time, there has to be a rush to that as well.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another part of it is being able to have two good friends sitting up front in a boat and being able to sit and talk with out having to yell from the front to the back of the boat. I also leave a hand touching the rack or buts of the rods in esch holder to feel the bites. Ole Monk is right on when 2, 3 or 4 rods go down at once it gets crazy trying to figure out which ones to grab first. Mayhave a fish on two or three rods and another hung in a tree it gets crazy but a great kind of crazy. I really love dipping trees and to feel the thump but think I may like the spider rigging more. There are days other methods out fish spider rigging but I have saved some no fish days by getting out the long rods and a rack and then end up catching limits. For all the guys who say they do not like it or will not even try it. Just do it one time and see how fun it can be. If you want it to be real relaxing for like fishing with a child or wife just run 3 or 4 rods. If you want some super action put all 8 out and you will be busier and more wore out than Betty Lou on a Saturday night at spring camp.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a single pole guy at heart there's nothing quite like a bite on a jigpole but i never was one to tie myself down to one style of fishin i tend to bore easily and will get after em in several different ways and among those is riggin,trust me there is plenty of fun and action to make up for missing the thump.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kindda with bugman on this one. 1 or 2 poles is plenty. I'm not get'n up at 4 in the morn'n, drive'n 130 miles, catch'n 15 crappie, in 15 minutes, and get'n in rush hour traffic back here at 9am for nobody. I have 2 style's. Either my cork's go'n under or I'm feel'n that thump, on a jig or a minnow. If you ever experience rush hour in Chesterfield Flats, you'll see what I'm talk'n about, an rush hour's 20 hours a day, even on sunday. Thank You Lord, For not teach'n us all how to fish. Twain would look like a junk yard for boats, with all the boats in the trees.

Post Thanks / Like

A person don't feel the thump while throwin a cork but can there be a much more exciting way to fish?still makes me feel like a young-un waitin for the cork to go under.......thanks for reminding me Dan.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes when your old,got arthuritis,bad back,bad legs,bad attatude, slow trolling is not a bad way to fish, sit back, let the world go by,catch a fish or two. sip on a RC coca cola, eat a dog sandwich. they call it spider riggin, I call it slow trolling, it is not like the cast and retrieve,or the dip,but on some days it is just nice to drift arround and catch a few.

kinda like raising tomatoes. lots of different styles, end results are the same, if you are happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    A person don't feel the thump while throwin a cork but can there be a much more exciting way to fish?still makes me feel like a young-un waitin for the cork to go under.......thanks for reminding me Dan.
    Your Welcome Sir. I feel the same way. Life get's no better, then a great day fish'n and a cold Busch afterwards. Is spring here yet? LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twains Crappie Dan View Post
    Your Welcome Sir. I feel the same way. Life get's no better, then a great day fish'n and a cold Busch afterwards. Is spring here yet? LOL.
    Couldn't have said it better myself......i always thought you were a good guy and now that i know you drink such quality beer i know you are!!!

www.simplycrappie.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast