Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people on this site also target other species?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many people on this site also target other species?

Many tournament bass anglers I know turn their noses up at people who target crappie, especially tourament crappie anglers. They consider bass fishing higher on the challenge list.

Why do you (we) enjoy crappie fishing as much as or more than fishing for larger species such as walleye, bass or muskie?
    Do you see fishing as fishing and catching as catching regardless of what bites your lure?

As for myself, I fish for whatever is hitting and always have lures and tackle on hand for many species. Crappie tournaments are just as exciting and challenging as bass tourneys IMO and I find it amusing when diehard bass anglers can't catch panfish to save their life!:D

FrankM
    (aka Senkosam)

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing sense I was 3 or 4 yrs old. I love the outdoors especially hunting and fishing. There is nothing more fun than catching a mess of Gills and Crackers when they are turned on. I chased the Green fish for years on several tournament trails in Fla. Tournament bass fishing is more work than fun. I still bass fish on an occasion especially when I find them stacked up. I am never without a bass rod (GL loomis ) . Fishing is a passion for me and my son. Unfortunately we don't get together often enough. I got heavy after the crappie after I broke my hip and femur. I don't miss an opportunity to catch a Hybrid or Striper whenever they rise. I have a 70 MPH boat that will only run 55 because of all the extra tackle. Anyone that is so wrapped up in just one species is missing out on a lot of fun. I never miss out on a opportunity to catch a fish. When it is so hot in mid summer I am catfishing at night. I fished salt water for years while living in Fla. I have caught most of the different species of salt water fish that Fla has to offer. I have caught trout and salmon in the great lakes. I have never caught a Small Mouth bass but would like too. Everyone tells me that the Spotted bass is just a spunky as the old Bornz back , but I still want one. I like to fish and cant afford to miss out on an opportunity to catch fish. Life is too short .

Post Thanks / Like

I fish for what's biting. If I go in March or April, I plan on Crappie from the get-go. May and June I plan on largemouth. Hot summer, catfish. If one won't bite and another will, I switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Being from New Jersey and having so much water I fish salt and fresh. For freshwater I go after Crappie,bass, perch, catfish and pickeral. I prefer Crappie and Bass. Salt water I go for weakfish(sea trout), flounder, bluefish, and sometimes shark. I just love to fish! I could do it every day all day and never get tired of it!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish for crappie, gills/ears, and catfish from time to time. I have bass tackle that never gets used, I enjoy panfishing the most, and there are tons of strategies to target them year round for me to fish for anything else.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

we fish the Ohio river for them big ole cats....erie for wallys and perch....and some other local spots for gills...aside from crappie...

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I only fish for Crappie. I also don't dance with fat chicks. And even if I did, you can't prove it.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    I only fish for Crappie. I also don't dance with fat chicks. And even if I did, you can't prove it.

Wannabe...

i can. i saw you one, no make that two nights.

Post Thanks / Like

bass mainly, next is bream and then crappie but crappie are moving up as i get older and my casting wrist gets weaker. i have actually worn it out bass fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

walleye first, crappie second, bass third, bream fourth

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast