Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: spider rigging question

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigging question

All right, Since most people in kansas don't spider rig much I thought I might cross the state line for some expert help. Is there any drawback to using a spinning rod with a baitcasting reel to spider rig?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

No drawback that I can see. I use 16 foot B&M Prostaff Trolling rods with spinning reels. Works good.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We may try to out together a Saturday or maybe a weekend campout dedicated to spider rigging. I know of around 8-10 people wanting to learn more about it and see it in action. So I thoglught so w of guys who have been doi g it for so etime can get together and show others who are just starting or thinking about starting. We can eave you all the headaches and $$$$ that we went through in our learning process. What does everyone think???

Post Thanks / Like

I just learned to spider rig from Eufaula Boy on the OK board this last spring. It is very effective on Eufaula, not a lot of trees to work around there. I use 12 rods that I got from crappie George on the OK board, light weight, good backbone for lifting, and the price is good I bought 8 rods for about $250.00 I believe. The reels I like best are the old Zebco UL closed face reals that are very small and light, all you need is something to hold the line. The way I was taught was to put your reels upright, facing up in the rack, which does not work with spinning reals! That way if and when you get into shallow water or a snag you can just reach out and sweep all four lines up in one hand and lift them from the area without touching a rod! Have done very little riggin at Truman and would like to do more, I thought it would work well this winter along the channel breaks in the creeks. Plan on trying that in a couple of weeks. I am no pro at all on the subject and would love to get together and share info.

Post Thanks / Like

Monk and i would be willing to help if we can remember how.....been a while.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Jamie. I thought if we had 3-4 of us who do it we good help the guys wanting to learn. Lots tips on setup could be done in the campground around the boats and then stick the new guys in the boats with the ones of us who do it. Or even just have us get in the boat with guys who already have a rigging setup amd show them some on the water tips. Whenit gets closer to spring we will have to get something setup. Would be a great learning experiance for all who attend even us guys who already do it. Because ni one dies it exactly the same and about all of us have differant setups from rod holders to seats. If anyone else who rig's alot would want to come help out let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

I would help, but y'all would make fun of my set up, I use one 10ft. ozark, and 2 11ft.outlaw, and some if not all the time 1 10ft. sam heaton, last time in Mississippi I caught just as many fish as every one else. or darn close, having said that, I bet it would be a good demonstration day for sure, like jared said set up in the parking lot and walk the people who want to know what is what, show knot tieing,rigging advice, man the more I type the more I like it. hope it works out. good post.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would b a great idea
    Maybe something y'all could do at spring camp if enough people would b interested

Post Thanks / Like

I sure like the idea of some hands on training.

Post Thanks / Like

Pre spawn through the spawn is the best time to do it on Truman so mid April would be best timing for it. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Even the guys who do it all the time can learn I am sure from the other guys who do it all the time. How's it go a lot of ways to skin a cat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast