Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Chicken Rules!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Chicken Rules!

Durel, his youngest son Andrew, and I hit Rockefeller today for 57 and two flounder in the Deep Lake canals!
    Limit-fish were smaller than those of the past two trips but ranged between 18 and 22 inches. LOTS of rats, but they bent our rods too! :D
    A few came on purple cocahoes, six were on flies, and the rest ate ELECTRIC CHICKEN bass assasins!
    Makes you wonder what a red won't eat! :p
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete, someone from out of town gave me some of those chickens over a year ago and told me he uses them to catch reds. I remain skeptical but seems you just proved it out. I might have to give it a try one day.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

PPG, I am so convinced of the mysterious effectiveness of that color combination that
    I spent all day tying "chicken flies". They look horrible - but no worse than the grubs! I can't wait to try them out!
    After a few days of goose hunting, of course!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I know what yall are talking about. A couple of years ago me and a buddy went to toledo bend and we through every thing in the tackle box and as a last resort I tied on an elec chiken (I really don't like that color!) and managed to catch a few. Haven't tried them on reds yet though.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Dwyane, I wouldn't make it my "go-to" color combination yet, but I will have some of them handy from now on!
    And, incidentally, a fly box is now FULL of 'em! And those are almost as ugly as my infamous "Ugly (purple) Flies"!
    You know, one day I just might get a bit of notoriety from catching fish on ugly flies!
    That would be a helluva note, huh?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Well Dwyane, I wouldn't make it my "go-to" color combination yet, but I will have some of them handy from now on!
    And, incidentally, a fly box is now FULL of 'em! And those are almost as ugly as my infamous "Ugly (purple) Flies"!
    You know, one day I just might get a bit of notoriety from catching fish on ugly flies!
    That would be a helluva note, huh?
    Pete
    Hey SP

Ya got my vote.
    I'll be back at Bayou Sorrel Saturday. How many shoe picks ya want?

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13