Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend Report 02/12/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Report 02/12/06

Well, here it goes. This wasn't the best of days for me. This cold snap has sure messed the shallow water fishing up! Tried taking kids out (5 of them) fishing today and do a little pond jumping. Caught 8 fish, 7 crappie, 1 bass. All were small so they went back, but the kids had a great time. I'm about ready for Crappie Camp and those Slabs in Jerry's part of the woods.
    Anyway, that's my report for the weekend! How did everyone else fair?:o :o :o
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Layed low watched the olympics. Drove the wife and kids down to the private lake yesterday late, they had not been down there yet, it was like glass. Sure wished I had been fishing instead of riding around, but we had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

The trips I had lined up for Friday morning, Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday were all postponed because of poor weather conditions. But the couple that fished with me Saturday afternoon had a good time and caught a mess. We only fished about 3-hours because it was pretty cold and windy.

Yesterday was a great day - started out a bit chilly but we caught a good mess. Thirteen crappie didn't make the picture - we had them for lunch!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man Jerry- NICE STRINGER!!!! I am looking forward to Crappie Camp so bad. I wish I could get there before then and do some scouting around and get ahold of some of those slabs like in the pictures you provided.
    I have spread the word as much as I could about the camp and I am sure we are going to have a few folks there from central Arkansas that don't visit the board.
    I know me, the wife and at least one couple that are friends of ours will be there with boats, 36 foot of "bunkhouse" and enough baked beans to feed an army!:D
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dennis:

Thanks - we've been having some fun. Come on over whenever you get the chance but Darryl and I will be scouting them out real regular between now and Crappie Camp and we'll do our best to get folks lined up on them.

Good to hear you're doing some "recruiting" for Crappie Camp - it's open to anyone that wants to come whether they are members of crappie.com or not.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com