Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: battery question

Post Thanks / Like

Default battery question

hi everybody,i need to buy an extra battery for submersible lights. my boat already has a cranking battery and a trolling motor battery.what type of marine battery do i need. i noticed walmart had 3or4 different types with different amps.i did'nt quite understand what the numbers on the battery meant.
    thanks ,andy

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up one battery last year and went with another just like it this year. I bought the largest (yellow) Eveready trolling battery Walmart carries. They are working good for me with my lights so far.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

You wiil need a deep cycle 24,27or 30 series battery the bigger the better what ever you have room for. you can tie it and the trolling battery together to make them last longer. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

deep Cycle
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget to look at autozone the have a battey thats cheaper and has better amp hours than walmart.I think it was a delco.Just get one that has the most amp hours you can get and you will be all right.