Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hummingbird 898si

Post Thanks / Like

Default hummingbird 898si

i have a 898si with the navi platinum chip, it does not show the grand on truman, it stops at little otter. i mean no depths no lines, nothing, is this a bad chip or what? anyone out there have the same problem????

Post Thanks / Like

Word is the lake was froze when they mapped it. My Platinum card shows the same thing. Maybe the new one will have it.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Word is the lake was froze when they mapped it. My Platinum card shows the same thing. Maybe the new one will have it.
    I've always heard the same thing

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be it. Lenny is correct when all the Navionics boats were scanning the lake the backs of most creeks and the upper end were froze. Has anyone seen a mapping card that actually shows the channel in blue and the other contour lines in white and yellow shades? I seen it in a boat but not sure what the chip was or if it was and actually GPS unit and a fishfinder/gps combo.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem with Smithville. I called them and they told me the upper part of the lake was too shallow. I couldn't believe it. They quit scanning at about 25ft of water according to my 898. All my best spots are not scanned. I saw they did the same thing on Truman. They said I could file a request and they will contact you if and when the lake is done again. I wasn't very happy but it does work great where it is scanned.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old fishing hot spot map and it has a lot on the east side of 13 highway, I don't know if it is transferable to a SD card, not by me anyway, but it show the west end of deep water creek and the depth lines, If I knew how to copy disc I would send you one,

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie Chiles represented the Crappie in the upper portion of those two lakes siting unfair advantage on the part of the fishermen.
    He stated in court that the maps were inappropriate, lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous! The court sided with the fish filing an injuction against Navionics prohibiting mapping of thus said areas.

Oh, and by the way, the crappie in those parts of the lake are real and they're spectacular!

Be sure to use the balm when fishing for them.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks for the help, on my old unit i had trouble gitting the maps to work. I bought several at cabelas and nothing, then the guy i had working with me took one out of his front pocket,told me it would work but was the only one he had. turns out he was right, it is a hot spot chip it says "16mb, code hm274xl mar 2004 ne-ks-mo-ar-ok" now this card is a sd card so will it work in the new unit? also i just got this new computer so can i transfer it to another card? this card did show that end of truman but in 10' depth and was not very acurate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    Jackie Chiles represented the Crappie in the upper portion of those two lakes siting unfair advantage on the part of the fishermen.
    He stated in court that the maps were inappropriate, lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous! The court sided with the fish filing an injuction against Navionics prohibiting mapping of thus said areas.

Oh, and by the way, the crappie in those parts of the lake are real and they're spectacular!

Be sure to use the balm when fishing for them.

Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on! Who give you the balm? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

The Nav chips can not be copied. You can end up deleting the card if you aren't carefull.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast