Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pickwick & Snow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick & Snow

Fished yesterday in the cold and snow. Had a good day caught 16 keepers in all. But COLD!!!!!! Couldn't have ask for a better first time on the lake this year. Here goes my second attemp to get pic posted lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

nicely done
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp 46 all caught in around 20 feet of water rite near the bottom

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Very Nice !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good looking mess of fish!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. I'm jealous. Four more weeks till I'm done with my studying and my promotion test and then I'll be out on the water again. I'm going through withdrawals.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

If you had waited, It would have been warm Wed and Thursday.
    But then again I fished 4 days in cold temps and snow also.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shiloh, if Firehelmet doesn't have to work Thursday we will back there If he does I'll be there by my self. This is the third year in a row that this fish have been in the same spot Its a big eddie Not sure why.The current just goes by sometimes the boat will even drift up steam but as long as they are there we will fish them.I found these fish kinda by accident my 4 year old grandson had never been on a boat fishing trip so on Feb.21st three years ago we went (never will forget that date) we motered over a ledge and seen a ball of baitfish on the deptfinder I thought now if i was a school of fish where would i be stopped right upstream from the school and put out his rod I hadn't even got thur explaining to him what to do when my son reached and set his hook by jerking the line the cork was gone and a 1 lb crappie was on the hook we sat there and they caught about 30 fish in an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great place. I may have to look around here for a few places like that.
    Should be able to find a few places that are around the 20 ft mark.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by buflew
    Hey Shiloh, if Firehelmet doesn't have to work Thursday we will back there If he does I'll be there by my self. This is the third year in a row that this fish have been in the same spot Its a big eddie Not sure why.The current just goes by sometimes the boat will even drift up steam but as long as they are there we will fish them.I found these fish kinda by accident my 4 year old grandson had never been on a boat fishing trip so on Feb.21st three years ago we went (never will forget that date) we motered over a ledge and seen a ball of baitfish on the deptfinder I thought now if i was a school of fish where would i be stopped right upstream from the school and put out his rod I hadn't even got thur explaining to him what to do when my son reached and set his hook by jerking the line the cork was gone and a 1 lb crappie was on the hook we sat there and they caught about 30 fish in an hour.