Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ? Regarding snaps/no-knot fas-snaps

Post Thanks / Like

Question ? Regarding snaps/no-knot fas-snaps

Hello, i was curious if anyone uses these types of snaps while jigging for crappie? Is it better to just tie directly to the jig? I have researched some, and see where some ppl like to use loop knots to tie jigs, and some use a cinch knot etc.
    Any suggestions/ help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to jigging and change color jigheads with plastics to try to see what they like.
    Thanks
    Slab Stik'r Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm fishing in a rocky area most times I'll use just a snap, duo-lock size 1 real strong and allows me to change quickly. Other than that it's either the loop know or clinch knot.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If I'm fishing in a rocky area most times I'll use just a snap, duo-lock size 1 real strong and allows me to change quickly. Other than that it's either the loop know or clinch knot.

Fatman

Thanks for the reply, i picked some up from BPS and just wanted to make sure i was somewhat thinking correctly that it could be used with jigs.
    Slab Stik'r Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

The Fas Snaps work fine. You don't need to adjust the knot when you catch a fish is the main advantage. They are strong (10 lb Pike). They are a little pricey. Cost more then the jig head & tube combined. Also good if you change jigs a lot. Medium is the size I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for youf input.

Quote Originally Posted by MAINEIAC View Post
    The Fas Snaps work fine. You don't need to adjust the knot when you catch a fish is the main advantage. They are strong (10 lb Pike). They are a little pricey. Cost more then the jig head & tube combined. Also good if you change jigs a lot. Medium is the size I use.
    Slab Stik'r Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

If you fish the same lakes very often you should see a pattern of what jigs and colors work the best under certain conditions. I carry 8 rods with different jigs on them and just use a different rod instead of changing jigs all the time. I always have 2 rods set up for minnows. 2 rods set up with a slip bobber. Fish in different lakes and water clarity have a preference to different jigs and color combinations. What works on one lake I fish, won't get a bite on another lake.
    I tie all my jigs with a palomar knot. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    If you fish the same lakes very often you should see a pattern of what jigs and colors work the best under certain conditions. I carry 8 rods with different jigs on them and just use a different rod instead of changing jigs all the time. I always have 2 rods set up for minnows. 2 rods set up with a slip bobber. Fish in different lakes and water clarity have a preference to different jigs and color combinations. What works on one lake I fish, won't get a bite on another lake.
    I tie all my jigs with a palomar knot. EB
    ThAnks for your input
    Slab Stik'r Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I tie directly to the jig head using a palomar knot. It is strong, quick to tie and you don't loose line strength.