Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TV repair

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TV repair

Does anyone even try to repair them anymore? Been years since I have seen a TV repair shop. In this disposable, throw-away world I guess you just go buy another one. I have a 32" RCA about 9 years old. Been wanting a flat screen but was hoping to hold off a little longer. Last night it started running through the channels on it's own, no one touching the remote. Then it started turning on & off by itself. Freaked my wife out. Unplugged it before we went to bed, afraid it would short out & catch on fire. HELP! If I don't get her a TV, I might not get to go fishing tonight.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

not much worth repairing anymore, I was in the tv repair business way back in the ole 12b4w days and now just buy it toss it, unless its new and under warranty then just fight with the warranty people. good luck and maby check out some different remotes in the house may have a button stuck or some one in the house has a new toy and it messes with the remote reciever on the tv. or look up may be a big space ship above your house. good luck

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Thought about the remote this morning, took the batteries out & tried another one. Same thing. Nothing new in the house, just looked , no UFO in sight.:D Could probably get a good deal Friday but I'd rather pay regular price than fight those crowds.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old RCA 19 inch in one of the bedrooms that has done that a couple of times, but, has stopped and worked right after unplugging it for a few minutes, then plugging it back in. I blamed it on the ghost that my kids think lives with us?
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. I gave about 3 grand for a tv back a few years ago and when the salesman asked me if I wanted the extended warranty I said no because I had always paid for that and never needed it. Guess what, right after the original warranty went out, the bulb went out. I think it cost me about 250 to fix. Then about a month after that the color wheel went out. It has been setting in storage for two years now. It is a very nice looking tv and still looks new. It only played a little over a year, but I cannot lug a big 55 inch around looking for someone to fix it.