Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow that lake ozark bite is hot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow that lake ozark bite is hot

Went this morning and got on the water around daylight. Put in at Coffman and off we went. What a wonderful day. It was a bit cold for a little while but I thawed out after a bit. Glad I went cause the bite was wowwwweeeee. I would honestly hate to guestimate how many we caught. I would guess in the hundreds pretty easily. We tried to only keep 10" and above. I must have threw back 15-20 9's and my brother around 5-10. What made it great was the fact the wind was not a factor. We could pretty much fish anywhere without wind issues. That part was awsome. I wish the size would have been a bit better because we didn't get anything over 12 but hey, oh well. Landed a nice 15 inch white bass, that was interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day, congrats on it. Were you fishing docks?
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the days that we think about every time we go out. It was nice out with out the wind but it sure cooled down once the sun went down.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool aint the word, It was pretty much flat out cold early. We fished docks, points, rocks, brush, pretty much anything because we could without wind. Made for a great day plus there wasn't any boats out either. I can only hope for another day like that next time, but I doubt that happens.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day on the water!!! Ya gotta love this fall bite.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Super day of fishing! Sure wish I was seeing these reports for Stockton.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like one of those days to remember. Congrats., I bought a few of these off E-bay for such occassions so I could keep up with what came in the boat. Matter of fact, I have two...one for total count and one for livewell count. Paid like $3 ea.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skewis70 View Post
    Cool aint the word, It was pretty much flat out cold early. We fished docks, points, rocks, brush, pretty much anything because we could without wind. Made for a great day plus there wasn't any boats out either. I can only hope for another day like that next time, but I doubt that happens.
    If you go before we get ice on the water(i pray we don't)then you can expect good results all winter......and at some point the big fish will start to show up,i was on a big fish bite but that was shallow and the cold weather ended that so we've moved down to deeper water and the bite is as good as it gets for keeper fish to 11" fish with a few 12" fish threw in......its almost too simple right now just pull up to a brushpile/dock etc and catch as many as you want......fun time on loz for numbers right now.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell the Spring fishermen that the bite can be as good and sometimes better in the fall as it is during the spawn.

Good job on rippin' the lips

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of those guys that is happy just catching fish. Sure it's nice to catch bigger ones but for me, as long as they are biting I am pleased. I hope we don't have any ice either, I pretty much plan on fishing if it is above 20-25 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast