Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daiwa Excelor on sale at LBF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daiwa Excelor on sale at LBF

Land big fish has the Daiwa Excelor 2500 on sale for $45. Best reel for 45 bucks you'll ever see if you need that size.

The Pflueger Supreme XT is also for sale for $80.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 Daiwa reels over the years. Different models than what your speaking of. Paid a lot more than $45 for them to. I will never own another one. I would not buy it if it was on sale for $20.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I never used to like Daiwa either. The only one I ever bought before 2 years ago I returned. Didn't like it at all. Things have changed. They make better reels than Shimano now. I used Shimanos exclusively for 15 years. The only Shimano I would buy right now is the new Stradic Ci4 unless they have incorporated the new Ci4 bail trip in some of the other newer designs. Problem is that while Shimano has been dropping the ball for the last few years Daiwa has made their whole line excellent. Now, if I lined up both companies line of spinning reels according to price I would choose a Daiwa far more often that a Shimano. There are several Pfluegers I would choose before most Shimanos now. There are a few other reels from several companies I would choose before Shimano. They just aren't what they used to be and other companies have gotten better. I must say though that the Ci4 is a step in the right direction for them.

As far as the Exceler is conserned. It's the best $50 I have ever spent on a reel. It's better than nearly any reel I've used over a long period of time. Amazing reel for the price.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

GRIZZ, I guess I have been lucky with Shimano. I really can't find anything to complain about with the several that I own. They sure last a long time and, have been maintence free for me for the most part. I just bought the Ci4 last month. To early to tell if it is worth the money. If it last as long as the rest of my Shimano's. I'm sure I will be pleased. The 2 Diawa's I had. I gave one away and the other is collecting dust. What makes you say that Shimano's quality has dropped lets say in the $60- $200 price range ?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree on the Shimanos--ain't what they used to be.

I like my Pfluger Presidents,which run $60 when not on sale. Grizz, you saying you prefer this new Daiwa to the President? If so, I may have to take a serious look.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the Pflueger Presidents caught of sale for $50 or less is the ticket. I have (4) 6725's and have never had any problems with them. Still smooth as glass.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers