Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling rigs

Out here in California spider rigging is out of the picture. I can only fish with two rods and that is if I buy the 2 poll stamp. But I do a far amount of traveling back to Missouri and the rest of the mid-west and the south. I was wondering what rod holders (Perotti, Titeloc), and what rods do you all like using (name brand). I have a few 10-14' rods already that I use for fishing structure in clear water but I'm really looking for good high quality rods. Lastly do any of you drag cranks? I have a friend that took me out on Truman and we ran Bandit 200 series cranks and absolutely caught more crappie and white bass than you can count. What cranks do you all drag.
    Thanks for the help everyone. Keep those jigs wet.

Dave
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught lots of fish in in Okla on bandits also and as for great poles check out outlaw crappie poles they fit the ticket www.outlawfishing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling cranks

Several members here, my self included, are devoted trollers. Use the search function and you will find some serious info. on the subject. Also the Tennessee board has some discussions and reports on trolling from time to time.
    As far as Bandit`s`, that seems to be one of the favorites to troll, personally I use them a great deal, but prefer Bill Norman middle n series, color is a local preference, chartreuse in stained, shad or chrome in clear water, will usually work most any where, don`t be afraid to experiment.
    Speed can be critical, depth is absolutely critical, again experiment!!
    Lots of people here better at this than I am, I am sure they will join in and help you. Nothing beats time on the water.Hope this helps you. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

tried most all rod holders avaiable in this area..titelok the best it is IMHO. i use them on a "T" stand for titelinin and flat linin jigs and minnows. have single bases all around boat for motor trollin. use them with leadcore outfits also. caught some big crappie trollin leadcore and rapalas.. gonna try the bandits soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the information guys I appreciate it.

Keep those jigs wet

Dave
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave