Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 11/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11/20

Fished Smithville on Saturday. The wind kicked up which made it a bit cool. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I didn't have a lot of time to be on the water, so I only hit a couple of spots.

I fished a cove just east of the Littleton Visitor Center (first map). There's a brush pile that sits in the middle of the cove that holds some pretty good fish sometimes. The pile sits on a ledge at 8' of water and a drop off at 26'. Pulling into that cove, the SI found a lot more brush piles, lay downs, tall vegetation, and submerged stumps. I'm going to fish this place a little more next time to see what it holds. Well, that day I got a mix of fish off the pile. Caught some dinks and landed 4, 10-12 inchers. The fish were all over the pile, top, middle, and bottom. The big fish were sitting toward the bottom right at the drop off.

My second spot of the day was Shady Hollow Cove. Since I did well there a week before, thought I'd try it again. I fished the trees next to shore that were 8-20' of water. I stayed close to the front of the cove. Anyplace further back seemed like it held smaller fish. Nothing really exciting to report here. Caught a lot of dinks, and only 4 more keepers.

The wind was out of the east at 10+ mph. The water temp was 50 degrees and it had about 2' of clarity. The SI saw the water below that getting churned up a bit. I fished with my new found color, black/pink. Tried the black/chart, but it didn't have as many hits as the black/pink - go figure.

If anyone else has been out, I'd like to hear how you've done. Post a report.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

nice going Alex, hate the wind but sometimes you have to deal with it, glad you got a mess keep it up. nice post for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mr. Beagle.

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Alex. Have you ever tried the other area I circled? There should be some piles in this area but I've have a tough time finding them. With that si you might have better luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Great post!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Nice post Alex. Have you ever tried the other area I circled? There should be some piles in this area but I've have a tough time finding them. With that si you might have better luck.
    Bill, those are some good piles. Here are the coordinates: N 39 24.146 W 94 32.085, N 39 24.157 W 94 32.108, N 39 24.158 W 94 32.111, N 39 24.144 W 94 32.047. I don't really get any good fish from the deep piles. The one that's in 16' seems to be good for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alex
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

about a hour after sundown,along the rocks in front of camp branch marina me and the wife have been catching lots of nice keepers,and lots of dinks.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job alex. does your new setup have gps?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alex .. always appreciate your posts. Great job .. it really helps this Smithville fisherman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast