Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 11-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11-20

Richard (Rhill) and I got out about 7:15 this morning while the air temp was a cool 34 degrees. Passed W while only one trailer was parked in the lot and put in at Camp Branch. A few more boats in the water here, 2 were on the piles between the docks and the bridge, one on a bridge pillar and another north of the bridge. We stopped at the open bridge pillar and immediately caught a couple 10 inchers. Ended up with 23 crappie and one nice white bass by 10am without moving. Had a few about 12 inches and most were over 10. Caught them all on black/chartreuse tubes and minnows we had left from the day before (only caught 3 keepers Friday just before dark). Probably caught another 25 shorts as well.

We had long johns and coveralls on and boy did we need them. It was a cold morning with a tough north wind blowing stead the whole time we fished. Talked to another guy at the cleaning station and he caught his limit in sailboat cove on the brush piles. RHill counted at least 26 people (that he could see) fishing from the marina docks and we saw a number of guys catch fish right by the cleaning station. Made it home just in time to wash my hands, put on some old spice and change clothes in order to make a family lunch. Great morning on the water!
    Scott - KC Northland

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day for roughing it in the cool weather. I had been hoping to go tomorrow all week. But just looked and calling for 20-30 mph winds. So looks like I will be watching football and the last Nascar race of the season.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had fun catching alot of fish. Those mornings can be cold, especially with a north wind in your face too. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day. We got up at Smithville around 11:30. My son an I caught 27 by 4:00. We fished the brush piles north of Camp Branch bridge. No big ones but several 10 and 11 inchers.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like decent fishin up your way fellas,good work on a fine mess of fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great report, Kemper. Glad you got into some.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Glad to hear you got into some. I'm going to have to try Camp Branch and Sailboat Cove.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

nice job. i see you mentioned a cleaning station, where is that at?

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney its over at camp branch docks.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave