Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cajun red

Post Thanks / Like

Question cajun red

does anyone use the cajun red line. i have used it before but cant really tell if my catch rate went up. they say it will disapear in a few feet of water but red baits or red hooks dont. why do they think that their red line does?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    they say it will disapear in a few feet of water but red baits or red hooks dont. why do they think that their red line does?
    I wondered that too....if it disappears then why have the "blood" hooks been such a big thing?
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

I like the line but I don't think it makes me catch anymore fish and I don't think I catch any less
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I use Stren Hi-Vis gold 10lb. test. The lake I fish is a little dingy and I really like watching my lines while jigging and spiderigging.

For casting I like 4 & 6 lb. lines in either a low vis. or a clear. Right now I am experimenting using a chartreuse colored line. I read somewhere that Kentucky Lake guide Garry Mason swears by his chartreuse line's ability to draw more strikes as the jig passes the crappie. He feels that the line has captured the crappies attention and more fish readily see the jig swimming by.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Always Keep this in the back of your mind :do you make more money catching fish or fishermen:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default cajun red

I could not say the cajun red line vanishes when it is under the water, but I really like how it performs. I have Canjun Red Line on sixteen poles that I use to spider rig and and have used it on Kentucky Lake for about eleven months. I have been using the low memory formula super smooth casting 8 lb. test and it has done a great job for me.

SEE YOU AT THE FISHING HOLE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Red Ice Line

For all it's worth, I have been using Cajun Red Ice Line for the past month. I icefish in clear lakes and this stuff works great. It has no memory and lasts real good plus it is very tough. With Stren or any other line, I have to respool after 3 or 4 outings, but the Cajun keeps on ticken. I will definatly try it on open water this summer.

Crappie Crazy Canuck

Concord N,C home lake, High Rock, tuckertown
    Post Thanks / Like

used cajun red a couple of years ago,got a bad taste in my mouth for the stuff, every time i cinched a not down it would break, dont know if i got a bad spool or not, sounds like i should give it another try,have been using suffix siege the last couple of years and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been using it long but so far have not had any problems with knots. It has so much less memory than the Mr. Crappie Hi-Vis, don't think I will get any more of it. I need a line I can see to tie a knot.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast