Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how to start a worm farm

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to start a worm farm

can someone help me or better yet tell me what all I need to start a worm farm don't want nothing real big just want to start out with a dozen or so Canadian night crawlers but not all sure what I need to get started
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty threads in this forum on starting worm boxes. Also look at the Euro nightcrawler threads on the forum. Here is one on Red Worms I submitted.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/live-...-wigglers.html

I would also send a pm to G3 Fisherman or azslabber as they are experts on raising worms.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a large box in the basement with cardboard on the bottom with mostly coffee grounds and the grew very well. Well until I threw some red worms in with them. They were the fattest red worms.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting. OK...if I bought one of these HABITAT® DELUXE WORM KIT - Bait Care Management and threw in one or two boxes of night crawlers from the local bait shop, will it reproduce and keep producing enough bait to fish with? Or does it just keep the worms you put in alive till next time?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of my first attempt at raising RW's. So far lookin good, nice and fat with some small worms that look pretty young. I went to Wal-mart and bought 2 boxes of trout and panfish worms. Look like wigglers to me. Started with tore up cardboard, shredded paper and coffee grounds with just a touch of kitchen wastes. Water it down with a squirt bottle till nice and moist. Air holes all over the top bin, poked em with a hot soldering gun, and in the bottom to drain into second container. Containers are old plastic file cabinets that were in the attic and going to be thrown out, could probably pick up cheap at good will or dollar store.
    Name:  232323232%7Ffp538%3B3%3Evq%3D336%3B%3E845%3E4%3C2%3E245%3C8455%3B3254wp1lsi.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  2.3 KB