Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Multiple Lure Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multiple Lure Rigs

Hey

Are there any good rigs out there that use multiple lures so you can cover different depths of the water column? I was thinking about trying something kinda like a dropshot rig with a couple jigs. Any other ideas? I am a newbie to crappie fishing. I went last week and caught a few small ones trolling a jig but not much to brag about. I am hoping to go tomorrow and do a little better.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What I do is run my line through a jig eye and then through a egg sinker, I loop the line through the egg sinker for times leaving a tag end of line about 18 inches long and tie on a road runner jig.....then i go back to my top jig and slide it up the line about 18 inches above the egg sinker and do a loop knot. Sometimes I tip the top jig with a minnow. This rig works great for spider rigging.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry did not get to the post till this early am. guess you have already got your limit, the kentucky rig will work great, on brush,slow trolling, and I use it on dead sticking also, I use two or three jigs on the rig. loop knots works great, palamor also. good luck and kick there butt.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A simple way that I have used is to slide a small jig on the line, 1/32 at the heaviest down to 1/80, and tie a 1/8 on the bottom of the line. Then tie the small jig in a dropper loop anywhere from 6" to 2' up the line. Use 2 smalls if you like. These small jigs float around lots more than the heavier ones with more action. You can cover a lot of water with these rigs. The other rigs listed so far are also widely used. Keep us posted.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around