Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance HDS Owners Take Note

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance HDS Owners Take Note

I sent my HDS7 in for repairs two weeks ago and learned this morning that it apparently isn't repairable and it could be several weeks before they will have a replacement for me. That may not be a problem for weekend anglers this time of year but I'm guiding every day and it is a significant inconvenience for me.

I keep back-up/replacement items on hand for bilge pumps, aerators and a lot of other things but I really don't want to keep an extra $1,000 sonar sitting around although I guess I may have to.

I'm not knocking Lowrance - I love my HDS7 - but if you depend on their products to make your living you may want to consider keeping a back-up around.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What is their reason for taking so long for replacement?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I went with Humminbird. Took them over 8 weeks to get me a new 520c
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

I have three HDS units and I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. I really like the units, but they sure have developed a bad rep.

Post Thanks / Like

just the service dept that's got the pathetic rep Mike. OK I guess since I had my first 520 go bad within a month and then had the one they sent me back get water in it and go out in 1 year, they do mess up
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry I have an HDS-7 you can use till yours comes back. I can work around it with my other units. I'm in Batesville.

Post Thanks / Like

every lowrance/eagle unit i have owned has gotten moisture in them no matter what precautions i took to keep it from happening!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're trying to address their service problems, but I think their problems with quality have overwhelmed them. I ran Lowrance for years without problems, but they really went downhill after their change in ownership. I started running HB, and they make a pretty bullet-proof unit, but the HDS is really nice. Never could understand why HB didn't address that danged "doughnut."

Post Thanks / Like

alot of guys live just miles up here from them and complain about the service so I can imagine how it must be for you they could drop theirs off and still cant get the problems addressed
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-20-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the main reason I went with HB. Lowrance came out with these units too soon trying to keep up with HB and they wern't ready.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast