PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Garland baby shad vs. split tails

Dongotto
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Im going to play with some new to me baits this winter and was wondering which of these baits and in what colors you all like and why?

ScottV
11-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I haven't tried those but I do like the Stroll'r grubs he makes. The red with chartreuse tail has been hot for me.

Locator79
11-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Baby shad in electric chicken, bayou booger, and vegas colors have boated fish for me all year. I've been fishing them on a 1/16th plain head, and have put plenty of limits in the boat with them this year. Other than a hair jig now and then, its about the only bait I've used since the start of Sept.

crappieseeker
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Baby shad all the way

Dongotto
11-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Just ran into a guide on my lake that said he fished split tails in blue ice and chart/pearl. Also loves baby shad in baby bass. So at least on my lake that sounds like a productive bait?

buffalo13
11-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Baby shad has been great for me.. Baby shad, cajun crick, bluegrass.

crappiejigger
11-20-2010, 02:15 AM
haven't tried the baby shad, but Ive been hooked on the slab slayer solid tubes in black and pink. They have been going crazy for it on taylorville lake.

bugman
11-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Baby shad in any color will catch fish.

jimfish
11-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Baby shad in any color will catch fish.

He aint kiddin i have landed several 3 pounders this year, patriot, chart, with red glitter. and any of the slo trollers.

bchappell
11-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I have been using the new minnow minder and the scent wiggler made by BG. The two together gives you the action and scent. Check out the new videos.
Bobby Garland Scent Wiggl'R (http://www.genelarew.com/Movies/scentwigglr.html)

prchjerker
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Babby shad are awesome. Don't over look the 2 and 3 inch slab slayers thats been hot for me this fall. A double the koodos for the new scent wigglers and minnow minder. The firel fly is a hot color, but tough to beat Bluegrass day in and day oyt has become my go to color to start.

yellburt
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
i like the new scent wigglers,but for the last 2 year we been tearing them up on the baby shad, any of the mo glo colors work for us,an when i say us .i am talking about my fishing partner,bassERT. he got me started on crappie about two years ago an since then i have probably spent around 2 thousand dollars on this sport,an i have boxed up around 7 thousand dollars of bass JUNK an stored them...they will never ever be used again...i feel like a junkie,if bobby garlen comes out with something new .i just go into a fit till i get it..i wish they could come up with direct deposit. it would be so much easier...lol

labsnslabs
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Baby shad are tough to beat. If you like the split tail pm SLAB-DADDY on the KS board. He makes a bait called the twin turd tail and it is second to none. Its essentially a split tail but not plastic so it doesnt tear up.