Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain?

Anyone been out on Twain lately? I'm very seriously considering taking advantage of the lull in duck/goose action and getting my line wet tomorrow. Should be a pretty quiet day with everyone chasing the goats this weekend.....

Will report back!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Hi U
    I was up there last Thursday. Put in at U ramp and started in the coves across the lake. Didn't have much luck. The water looked terrible, kind of a funky brown with visibility of 2-4". I assume the lake is turning over since there hasn't been much rain. Headed up to Otter Creek and went up almost to the bridge. Water still looked bad, lots of shad but no fish to speak of. Moved to North Fork across from the Stoutsville ramp, crappy water and no fish. Then went down lake to mid lake area and fished in the big cove east of the southern 107 bridge on the south side. Still lousey water but the fishing was better (not great but better). Caught fish in ten to twelve fow six feet to the bottom deep and close to cover. Blk/Chart jigs w/ a crappie nibble. Brought home twelve fish 10" plus. I must admit though it was a crummy day, cloudy and drizzly with a NE wind. I am thinking of going this weekend also, am off Sat,Sun, & Mon. Don't know what day yet. Hope you do well. Let us know.
    Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to both of you. this weekends weather will better for fishing than hunting anyhow.