Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Brewer Sliders????

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Charlie Brewer Sliders????

I am about to make my winter shopping list to replace the lost and empty compartments in my boxes. I'd like to know how many of you use the Sliders? Iv got some and had limited success, although I dont use em very often, but the whole SNAGPROOF option has really got me thinkin maybe I should load up on em and make myself use them, after all thats the only way to be comfortable with em. Im not lookin for hate mail, or love affairs, just want to know how many of you guys use them.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I use the grubs ...

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    I am about to make my winter shopping list to replace the lost and empty compartments in my boxes. I'd like to know how many of you use the Sliders? Iv got some and had limited success, although I dont use em very often, but the whole SNAGPROOF option has really got me thinkin maybe I should load up on em and make myself use them, after all thats the only way to be comfortable with em. Im not lookin for hate mail, or love affairs, just want to know how many of you guys use them.

... but, never really cared for the jigheads :o (I prefer the weedless jigheads that Grousefly makes :p )
    Regardless of what colors of the Slider Grubs that you decide to purchase .... just make sure you get a few packs of Junebug/Chartreuse I'm jus' sayin' :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I like 'em. I use both the crappie sliders and the bigger slider grubs and worms for bass. For bass, I almost always rig it weedless with a spider slider head. For crappie, I use the weedless crappie head about half of the time. If I'm fishing fairly snag-free water, I'll use a regular ball head.

Here is an excellent article on how to fish the slider. (This method works for any jig: hair, feathers or plastic.)

Charlie Brewer's Slider Company Inc. - 1-800-762-4701; 931-762-4700

Post Thanks / Like

I use them all the time. Troll them on RR pro's with the gold willow leaf blade. Junebug/Chartruse .
    They are made right down the road from me in Lawrenceburg TN. Its worth a trip to there home store if you are in the area.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

x3 on the junebug/chartruse. Great bait for slow trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up grusefly heads.....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    ... but, never really cared for the jigheads :o (I prefer the weedless jigheads that Grousefly makes :p ) ... cp
    could not agree more on the grousefly weedless jig heads......thems all I use far a jig heads.....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time I do not do very good on the sliders, but there have been a few times where I would have went home empty handed without them. So they do serve a purpose sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way some of the plastic makers on our board make a similar bait if you want to check with them on purchasing some

Post Thanks / Like

I use them on a regular basis, sometimes I get skunked, sometimes I dont get skunked.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Junebug/Chart. and a Red head.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast