Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada Ms report

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Grenada Ms report

Thought that might get some attention. I'm from central Ms and would like to welcome all of yall to come on down and fish with us this spring. Just a warning about Grenada it will be crowded as heck and you can bank on the wind blowing at least 15 miles per hour just about every hour. Not trying to discourage anyone but it is a tough lake to fish. There are several other fine lakes in MS that offer you a chance at a 3lb fish. Several of our state park lakes offer some mighty fine crappie fishing without the crowds you will find around the corps lakes like grenada, enid and arkabutla. I personally will not be at grenada during the spawn because I know how hard it is to find a parking space at midnight. That's right, I know how ridiculous that sounds but you literally have to camp out in the parking lot to have somewhere to park. I am truly not trying to discourage yall but I hope someone would do the same for me. If you do come to grenada and run into these conditions which you will it would be good to have a back up plan. We have several lakes that offer fine fishing and there are plenty of crappie to go around so yall come on down and fish with us. Maybe I'll see you at some of the state parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to ask a silly question.....but do Californians typically fish Grenada???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarpPoop
    Not to ask a silly question.....but do Californians typically fish Grenada???
    No, in fact, i live in Cali and have never even heard of the lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry wrong state.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL ok now i understand. By the looks of those pics from the Clear Lake thread I dont think I would feel a great need to take off for a lake 1500 miles away.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I'm not from California but I'm stationed out here. I have heard of Gernada. I'll be there in October for the CrappieMaster Classic. Can't wait to fish that lake. Heard there were some big crappie there. A lot of 3 pounders caught out there. Keep those jigs wet.

Dave
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Once again sorry; meant to post on Misouri. October will be great weather but the corp of engineers starts to drain the lake then. It will be extremely muddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Its pretty muddy no matter what month it is isnt it? Arkabutla seems the same way. These lakes have huge fish...but they wont win any awards for beauty..at least thats my take after laying eyes on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Been there.., done that. We were at Grenada late March.. early April. At 7>00 am parking was at the road. There may be plenty of places but the lake was so low that there were only two places you could launch. The guys who were catching the fish were in baby jons launched from shore and trailered in on ATV's up the rivers. If you go... take plenty of spare boat parts.
    The parks and hospitality were great. The fish we did get were jumbos but I'll tell ya we worked for them....
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !