Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Fishing Report

Been out the past couple of weeks and didn't get to posting a report. Slippin', I know. Anyway, the cool weather fishing has been pretty good so far. Haven't landed and pigs, but been catching some nice sized fish.

The first map is Shady Hollow Cove. Been catching the fish in the trees from 10-20 feet deep. The fish have been anywhere from close to the surface to all the way at the bottom. Just the fish finder to find out where they are hanging. Fish have been decent sized and fat. The SI have caught a bunch of bait balls all around the area.

The second map is the swim beach. There are 3 brush piles located between the no wake and no boat buoy markers, right in the middle of the area. The piles are pretty good sized. I've caught my limit on these piles more than once. The piles are in 15' of water. The past couple of times, its been slow.

I ran out of my ususal black/chart tubes and started using black/pink. They've been hitting this color combination pretty good. Might have found a new favorite color. If anyone else has been out, post a report. Like to hear how everyone else is doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see the report Alex .
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

went last sunday, i fished small cove south of sailboat cove. only had 5 keepers but bite was good caught alot of dinks.Red Shad Chartreuse wooly beavertail worked best for me , fished a couple of laydowns in about 10' of water. wind got pretty bad decided to go.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished the brushpiles along the rip rap closest to Camp Branch Marina and had pretty good success until the ice cold rain hit and I lost feeling in my fingers. We were chucking a 1/32 oz jig above a 1/16 oz roostertail, counting it down to 12 in 14 ft of water and dragging it near the brushpiles. Of course, as is my custom, the large ones were hitting really good the previous three days before I was able to fish it, but that is par for the course for me.

I'll probably try and hit it again the first part of next week. It looks like the weather might level out once again and give us another shot at some more limits.
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you back around,been missin your great reports.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I appreciate the encouragement. Going to try something new for the reports this weekend. Hope I can figure it out. Wish me luck.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex, good luck and post pics of your limit!

Post Thanks / Like

alex. this is charlie in the 20 ft red and white triton tin can , i will start posting since you got on my butt. went yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon.fish we hammering black and pink bobby garland slab slayers and red and chartreuse washoppah's in the piles east of camp branch and at the swim beach14-20 ft 12-14 down caught some up to 12.5 had 13 would have limited but fishing buddy had to go get son I think the bite has been better in the late afternoon this is my first post. will do it weekly now. alex give me a call and i would like to see that si in action tight lines Charlie
    CHARLIE :D]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Just Jerking and fun report report to read Alex, always look forward to seeing your detailed accounting even though I've never crappie fished Smithville. Ran into Gary Burton last week and he said it's been good up there.

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, great report Alex, thank you for the info. Just jerkin, welcome to the board. The Smithville crew will steer you straight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast