Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got the new Pro Angler 10' Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got the new Pro Angler 10' Rod

Used it yesterday and it looks like a keeper, plenty of back bone almost as light as the ozark and will swing slabs with the best of'em... It was $49 including shipping, and got it in 3 days, from Pro Angler Tackle......Oh by the way, broke one of my ozark tip sections in two pieces at the same time........ glad I pack a back up......:D Kinda starting to think like Kaz, done swung a whole lot of slabs with the old ozark, after lots of use pitch it and get a new one, it sereved me well..... might have been the cold morning air, I have had a lot of 5' graphites break on cold mornings.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking about them rods, hope it serves you well Monty and let me know how it holds up.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will like it Monty.I use the heck outta mine and love it.Couldnt give me another Ozark after having acouple of these.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember talking to the guys from Illinois after a MO CDC one pole tournament talking about them and they may have even gave one away. They had some type of fishing company and I think sold them. They also had some jigs they gave a few people. They sure felt like a good rod and fairly light weight also. I will stick with my 10 1/2 ft B'n'Ms for now. About the same price also.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like Monty. I have never used one.

Post Thanks / Like

All the companys make good rods these days the trick is to find one that suits you and my ozarks do that for me i'll never switch especially when it comes to jigpoles,anyone that has fished with me can attest to what all of my jigpoles look like they have been through the wars and have traveled to a few different states and caught some real monsters,have been used in temps from 100 to 0 and they keep performing flawlessly for me.....i have broken a few tips over the years but everyone has been my fault,this has been a good year i haven't broken one single ozark tip but i did manage to break 3 b&m trolling poles in one day......good luck with your new rod Monty i hope it works out for you.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

After jiggling it around a bit in the boat seems like a keeper. Convinced though that if you had a 10 ft. 2x4 plank and could mount a reel and tip eye on it you'd figure out how to catch something with it.

Post Thanks / Like

kaz prolly be harder for him to set the hook but bet he'd get er done?

Post Thanks / Like

How much difference is there between a jigging pole and a trolling pole? I looked at Bass Pro and all they had were jigging poles.