PDA

View Full Version : WHO uses Rubber BANDS

wilbur
11-16-2010, 08:40 PM
TO Hold poles together while storing or running. Try using PONY TAIL holders they are cloth covered and wont break caused by sun deterioration and almost as cheap. Work great and last too.

gabowman
11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Never have tried it. For storing I wind the lines around the rods all the way until the jig hook catches into the lowest eyes on all rods and lay them in the floor of the boat staggering the rods so the hooks are away from each other. For running I use vertical rod holders made from PVC pipe.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/cr0whunt/Fishing/back-rack.jpg

feelay
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
I do the same as gabowman. I don't want to keep up with a bunch of bands.

SteveJ
11-16-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't use anything when moving around on the lake but when I break my poles down for storage I use these things. They come in diff. sizes, use the large ones to hold the handle and tip together and smaller ones to hold the middle together.

Studio 35 Beauty*Beauty Jaw Clips Hair Accessory | Walgreens (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/studio-35-beauty-beauty-jaw-clips-hair-accessory/ID=prod6031407-product)

wvsportsman
11-17-2010, 06:47 AM
These are what I use for storing, cost more than rubber bands but work better IMO.
They work great.

Fishing Butler - Rod Ties : Trout Magnet Online Store, Trout and Crappie Lures for the Serious Angler (http://www.troutmagnet.com/Fishing-Butler--Rod-Ties-c-6_35.html)

CrappiePappy
11-17-2010, 07:08 AM
... (except to hold my pony tail :eek: :p )

But, when I break down my 8' & 9' rods, for storage or transport, I use these :

Andy's Crappie Pole Wraps (http://www.crappiestuff.com/crappie_pole_wraps.html)

... cp :cool:

keeferfish
11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
TO Hold poles together while storing or running. Try using PONY TAIL holders they are cloth covered and wont break caused by sun deterioration and almost as cheap. Work great and last too.

I use them but I think my daughter has a drawer full of pony tail things, guess Iíll put some to good use.

65pontiac
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I use bread ties.

crappiholic
11-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Fishing Butlers are the best thing for holding poles together. They don't slip or loosen up. I use hair clips for the second hook but be sure they have holes in the top for the hook.

DrJohn
11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I've been using pony tail holders for a few years...they work very well!

TN Hillbilly
11-17-2010, 09:39 AM
I've used the ponytail ties but these days I use these hair curlers my wife had. It's basically a piece of wire covered in soft foam that you can just form around the pole sections. They work great and you don't have to slip them over the end of the pole like the ponytail bands.

barrelslime
11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
I use a velcro strap, it has the fuzzy on one side and the rigid on the other side, just wrap it around your pole and it sticks to itself.

Percidae_Papermouth
11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
BarrelSlime has the right idea, I use velcro also. Bought it at Lowes most people use em to keep extension cords coiled up neat n purty. When i take them off while fishing I wrap em around my T Bar to keep the wind from stealing em. And when im done fishing they are right there by the rods

Another trick is when you pull your boat up put the rod in the holder( just like your spideriggin with the rod straight out) open the bail hook the jig on the hook keeper, pull the tip section off with your left hand flip the tip back toward the handle of the rod and crank the reel with your other hand. I like to put the velcro strap on around the middle of the rod. Keeps em together tight without the hassle of 2 straps per rod

If your clumsy like me it'll keep your tips from getting broke.

sparky197
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I use the velcro also, but it comes from the voltage impaired division of my company. They use it for bundling cat 6.

FBM357
11-17-2010, 10:13 PM
velcro straps all the way!...:cool:

Micropterus salmoides
11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
i lose poles, but when I'm not...I use this:

Adam