Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question about plastic lure making

Post Thanks / Like

Default question about plastic lure making

Hello, I'm intrested in starting to make my own plastics for this spring but i have a question,I see molds for everything but tubes, How do you make your own tubes? i need a winter project... any advice would be great
    Thanks again:D

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

if you're wanting to make tubes. I suggest contacting Jacob bait's . He definitely has three different sizes three-inch in 2" in 11/2" precut in the mold. We also carry all three sizes if you're wanting to not put much money into this project you could use either rods or nails and dip them in hot plastic when they cool: pull them off the rod and use a razor blade to cut the tail real simple process.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use wire coat hangers bent 90 degrees and dip in first color, let cool, dip second time to build up plastic and make more resilient then dip the tip in second color if wanted. Let cool , remove from wire, cut tails with razor. real simple, but takes a bit of time. Perfect for winter when you are stuck in the house!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate making them without a mold, it is cheaper but it does take time and patience. Snake did mention about jacobs though, he has a nice couple of tube molds.