Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Lanyard, Chest Pack?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Lanyard, Chest Pack?

Ok, maybe this is weird but I'm thinking of getting one of those fly fishing lanyards for crappie fishing in my boat. I think it would be cool to have line clippers and a small fly box with crappie jigs on my chest. Also a clip on tube that would hold nibbles. They have clips that keep them secured to your shirt and wouldnt weight much. I think it would make tying on a lot easier especially in the wind and I'm always trying to stay on my brush for my partner and still put a jig on. Anyone use something like this?
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I occasionally use a lanyard when trout fishing. I tried a small chest pack, but it made my back ache. You should be OK with a lanyard, though. You can get decent ones for around $20 or you can make your own.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Even when I'm not trolling or riggin I still keep a rod holder where I sit in the front of my boat. I'm going to design a caddy to go on the riser to hold a few needed things and keep them out from underfoot. The lanyard is too close to my chest for my old eyes. Maybe a retractor would work.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Even when I'm not trolling or riggin I still keep a rod holder where I sit in the front of my boat. I'm going to design a caddy to go on the riser to hold a few needed things and keep them out from underfoot. The lanyard is too close to my chest for my old eyes. Maybe a retractor would work.
    The one I looked at had two retractors. I could put a jig box on one, and line clippers on the other. Also had the clip to keep it attached to my shirt or coat so it's not flopping around when I bend over to mess with the graph, or pull up the trolling motor.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I've used one for years. I keep several items on it including the remote to my trolling motor which has its own retractor. I have the clippers on a retractor. I don't use it for jigs tho', just tools I need handy. Since I have used one for many years fly fishing I don't notice the weight. Very handy!
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER