Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Livewell Additives

Post Thanks / Like

Question Livewell Additives

Tournament Anglers: what's your preference when it comes to livewell additives?

Post Thanks / Like

U2- hands down. We never lost a minnow or fish at Classic.(The one we caught on day 1)
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had fish die one time in 10 years in my livewells. I don't fish in extreme heat. I suppose that has a lot to do with it.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    U2- hands down. We never lost a minnow or fish at Classic.(The one we caught on day 1)
    DTG (the classic was hard this time)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use soap or detergent to clean out the system? A guy down here says to put a bar of lava soap in the livewell to clean it out and treat the whole system.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We use Rejuvinade. It does a great job. I hear of bass guys catching a fish deep and pouring it straight into the bleed to get it to stop. Never tried that but never lost a fish with it and keeping the water temp right.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I clean my live well out with baking soda , then rinse well.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rejuvenade has saved several bleeding fish for me but I have never tried pouring in into the fish just used as directed.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Rejuvenade seems to work fine for me. I have heard of using it on a bleeder, but never tried it. However, I keep a mountain dew in the boat for that. I was told about this a couple of years ago, but did not believe it until I tried it. Something about the citric acid in mountain dew (or other citrus sodas) that helps with bleeding. It really works, and seems alot less harmful than dumping concentrated chemicals on a fish.