Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: meet George

Post Thanks / Like

Default meet George

This morning I went out to the back yard and found George swimming up-side down in his pond.
    I put him in the pond about 7 years ago when he was a little fingerling about 4" long. Today when I fished him out he measured 29" long and weighed 20 lbs. Don't know why he died but he's been like an old friend swimming around in my little pond, I'm gonna miss him.
    Name:  Geroge.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  79.1 KB
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about george pets are hard to lose no matter the type. an speaking of type just what kinda catfish was george?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Dang, Wannabe .... sorry to hear that.

(and in answer to Pumkin Heads question) .... George looks to be a Black Bullhead. If that's so, it's about FOUR TIMES the weight of the current Ky State Record (5lbs 3oz).

It may have died of old age/natural causes ... but, whatever the reason, I know you morn the passing of an "old friend". Shame you couldn't have caught him, had him certified as a record, then put him back in the pond (before his demise). Ol' George could have made you famous :p

... cp

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen one like that before. Sorry that you lost him though. I know you looked forwards to seeing him in your pond.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words guys, I will miss seeing that monster swimming around in that little pond. It's about 600 gal.
    George was a channel cat that I picked up at a local pet shop and put him in the pond just as a novelty never dreamed he'd get so big.
    I might add that isn't a real good pic of him.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer