Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time without Dad ... 11/13/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time without Dad ... 11/13/10

Firstly, this was the 3rd toughest day in my LIFE!!!! (behind the passing of my Mom and Dad) I desperately needed some time (since my Dad passed last month) and usually when that happens, I go fishing! Needless to say, Dad was my fishing partner as well.

Anyways, as promised, I took some photos while on the water. Weather was really nice (brisk in the 50's and sunny). Water temp (I didn't bring my fish finder) was COLD!!! I managed to catch 2 Yellow Perch, 5 Crappie and 20 Bluegills and 2 bass. Arrived to the lake at 7:00am. Only caught 2 perch and 2 bluegills within the span of 30 mins. Didn't catch a thing until 3:30pm! Left around 5:00pm.

Caught the Crappies and Bass using Garland Bleeding Shad and Crystal Baby Shad. Yellow Perch caught using minnows. Bluegills caught using worm. All fish were caught trolling and/or drifting.

Didn't take pictures of my catch, but lake pics instead....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like your Dad was still your fishing partner that day..
    May God bless you in your loss..
    Glad you got out, you know that is what he would want you to do.
    Hang in there.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you lost your dad, we all will. Good you have fond memories of him as your fishing buddy.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling very well my friend... as I too have lost both parents. It is definitely a feeling like no other.
    One can only find comfort in their sweet memories and knowing that heaven is even sweeter with them there.
    Be at peace my brother: You can be sure that one day... you will be with them (again) in the kingdom of heaven.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling all to well. I lost my dad last year and it has been tough. We never did go fishing all that much however we spent most of our time working on building and restoring cars. Since he passed I haven't hardly been able to drive any of the classics that we so lovingly restored.

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you bro.....sorry for your loss.
    JawBreakerJigs.....Get U Some

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to be a tough day but I'm sure your Dad was looking down on you with a big 'ole smile across his face.:o Memories are precious and in the end that's all we have. And it sounds like you and your Dad had many special times shared on the lake.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your loss. I can't think of better pics you could have posted of your day on the lake.
    My dad passed away in 85 and I thought I would never see him again. The older I get the more I see him. Each morning when I look in the mirror I see a little more of him, in me.
    Thoughts are with you.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Brothers (and I do mean BROTHERS - EVERYONE!!!), I'd like to thank all of you for the words and support! Thought I'd never stop crying!!! I cried so much, I think the water level in the entire lake rose another inch!!! After all said and done, I honestly think it was too soon for me to do it. Really messed me up. Kept looking for him. Even when we aren't in the same boat (he has his own there as well), I kept looking for him to show up. I was the only one out there and he wasn't to be found. I just kept looking. I'm still looking...........

Post Thanks / Like

You know he's still there because you can feel him in your heart. He was very blessed to have a son who cared so much for him. A great testimony to what kind of man he was. You'll always be connected and he'll always be with you. Best!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast