Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie condo invaders

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie condo invaders

Some a--holes motored into the cove I was fishing making cicles with their outboard motor. They were throwing out markers as they motored over brushpiles. Why can't they atleast use their trolling motor ? I guess they thought I was crazy. I pulled over to one they marked , a brushpile I had put in. Tied it to my boat ,fired up my motor and left !:D Man those guys can have the spot I was fishing , but I took my brushpile with me !:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

now that's funny. Portable Structure by NIMROD
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's hard to put things out without getting noticed. I have had folks follow me across the lake. It happens, but I don't let it get to me. If they happen to be in the area where I want to drop a condo then it is their lucky day. But I will not get run off my own structure if I am catching fish. Usually, I will be catching a fish here and there and when other fishermen pull up I will catch several back to back and that gets them fishing around me. Just when you want to go a few minutes without a bite, Bam, several rods go down a once and you get company. I go fishing to enjoy the day and to reduce stress, if I can't do that then I am better off at home.

I would like to have heard the comments from their boat when they saw you take off with the structure.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

the thing to ask yourself in this situation is that if someone else was sinking a brushpile and you saw them, would you fish it? h*ll yes, i would. but i agree that they were a little premature in doing so.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-11-2006 at 07:51 AM.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

i've always figured if you put it in public water its public property. when i show the people i take fishin a brush pile i tell them they can fish it any time i'm not!

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc
    i've always figured if you put it in public water its public property. when i show the people i take fishin a brush pile i tell them they can fish it any time i'm not!
    that my friend is a true sportsmans attitude. good on you. I`d rather it be someone I knew catching the fish I worked for , than some guy with an attitude.:D
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

well a lot of the brush i fish i found so i figure its only fair. course i re-brush a lot of them so everybody benefits. and long as "somebody with an attitude" don't try to cast over my line i don't have a problem! throwed many a bouy marker on a good pile and left it for 'visitors" on my home lake. pass it on!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I try to put mine out in the worst possible weather. Usually no one out there but me and a few duck hunters.

Will I fish condos that I "find"? You bettcha, I will. Kinda figure that if it is in a public lake, it is public property.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiequeennc
    I have heard of road rage.But never Lake Rage!!! LMAO!!!!
    well its out there and it can be down rite scary! been cussed out for gettin within 200yards of a "bass tournament" fisherman that seemed to think he owned all the water he could see! glad i didn't have my pistol with me that one time, the good lord was lookin out for me. hope you never have to see something like that on a fishin trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't misunderstand me.Not at all laughing at Lake Rage.Laughing at thought of him pulling brush pile up river.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast