Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray Ghost PERFECT Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gray Ghost PERFECT Jig

I see a lot of refrences to the subject jig. How are you LA folks fishing it- Cast and retrieve, trolling, or vertical??
    Jim Porter

'A dry jig catches darn FEW crappie!!'

Post Thanks / Like

I live right on the Texas / Louisiana boarder On Caddo lake. In the fall I both vertical jig and cast. in the winter I troll. In the spring I go back to vertical jigging. Now Caddo Lake has Cypress swamp, a lake and a river system. In the fall the crappies are in the river in the brushtops in the winter they are in the river channel, in the spring they migrate to the cypress swamps and hang around the cypress trees, In the summer they find the deep holes to stay cool. Just the way we do it in this neck of the woods.

Redman

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds logical, which is a good way to approach fishing. I am in FL 5 months and NC 7 months. Totally different stuff between the two. But, the fish pattern about the same. In FL, we have no real 'winter', so the fish really never go too deep unless you have a FL that has deep water and grass down there. Most of the locating is based on 'over grass and/or in open water, except when in prespawn and spawn. The, they stage off the grass (or cypress knee area) and finally go into the cover (cover meaning grass, brush or stumps). Interesting item: have you EVER seen a crappie bed?? We have all seen bluegill/shellcrackers and bass beds as s fanned out areas. Ever see a crappie beds? I don't think they spawn that way. IT appears they lay their eggs in long, sticky strings on grass and wood, not on the bottom. Think about where you find them when they are spawning. What do you think??
    Jim Porter

'A dry jig catches darn FEW crappie!!'

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in FL 5 months and NC 7 months. Totally different stuff between the two

I know about the difference too.I moved to TN in '05 and had to go back to school. Thankfully I found CDC before too long and here I am. Good in both places, just different. If you get the urge to travel some, try the St. Johns between Lakes Woodruff and George, including Dexter. Spent a lot of fun, cool mornings up that way.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmarsh View Post
    I see a lot of refrences to the subject jig. How are you LA folks fishing it- Cast and retrieve, trolling, or vertical??
    Stickmarsh I fish the gray ghost 90 percent of the time. I fish it vertical (one pole fisherman) and have done great with it. Sometimes I pitch it out and let it pendulum back. They will take it on the fall a lot, but if it makes it back down to vertical I just hold it as still a possible a little above the depth of the fish. Just make sure it is tied on with a loop knot so it will hang right. I have caught over a 1000 fish with it this year and they last a long time if you don't hang and loose it. Good fishing.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

What does the gray gohst jig look like ? Anyone have a picture that you can post, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Gray ghost

Name:  DSC01530.jpg
Views: 2232
Size:  30.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

where do you get the Gray Ghost jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    where do you get the Gray Ghost jigs?
    Google theperfectcrappiejig.com

Post Thanks / Like

J is it feathers or hair
    JawBreakerJigs.....Get U Some

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast