Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Masters TV

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Crappie Masters TV

I just watched Crappie Masters on Pursuit Channel. Iv seen it three times before. Anyone else watch this show? It will be on tomorrow at 5:00am on Direct TV 608central time.

Im so glad there is a show devoted to crappie fishing, but I dont like the format. It seems to cover tournements only, at least thats all Iv seen. Id like to see some Bill Dance or Roland Martin format. Fish an area, show graphics, show the depth finder, explain whats being done, explain tackel, rods, reels etc...........

What do the rest of you think. The show airs on Direct TV, channel 608 Sat at 5:00 and Sunday at 5:00am central times.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I like the show. Don't know how long its been on, I just found it earlier this year. I have seen all the shows, and they are now repeats. Great show, just wish there were some new ones coming out.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I've taped all of them, and it seems you're right about repeats. I think there are only about 4 or 5 episodes and very little information other than tournaments. I've lucked onto a Bill Dance a while back that had some good information.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

I was excited when it started, but now I could care less. I've seen 4 shows, 4 times each. Don't like the format either. Just like there tournaments, if you don't have a wraped boat and 10 sponsors you don't get any time. It needs to more instructonal.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

we had a show down here.. it was just general fishing and the fish werent trophy sized, but it was real, and those guys explained what they were doing, where they were fishing. No tournament stuff, just real fishing. Hasnt been on in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

G3 Sportsman had a real good show on last month and had a couple different instructional segments on pulling cranks and jig fishing. I TiVo Crappie Masters and at most you'll get the name and color of a jig. Poor editing between segments and a stale host lead me to believe that this show wasn't geared toward most of us and wasn't well thought out.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Dutch552!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out My Outdoor TV, its online but has a ton of fishing shows if you have highspeed internet. I like CrappieMasters just would like to see more.
    Fishing TV Show Directory | MyOutdoorTV.com
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com

Post Thanks / Like

For more good Crappie shows Google up Russ Bailey Midwest Crappie. He has some good shows from most all of the really popular lakes around the country. He usually fishes with a local guide and tells exactly what they're doing and how. Great shows.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    For more good Crappie shows Google up Russ Bailey Midwest Crappie. He has some good shows from most all of the really popular lakes around the country. He usually fishes with a local guide and tells exactly what they're doing and how. Great shows.
    Lots of information on Russ,s shows
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast