Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: here is a brand-new plastic bait called the crappie rockets

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default here is a brand-new plastic bait called the crappie rockets

this may look like a simple plastic bait to most but it definitely has some details. I design this plastic bait so the tail is paperthin so you can get more action. It has a natural swim action to it. You barely have to move it for the tail to go into action.
    [/IMG]

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great as usual snake . how long are they and when can I order some???
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jusanothajoe View Post
    Looks great as usual snake . how long are they and when can I order some???
    they are 2 inches long and you can order now.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

snake I actually found one of those samples like that one that I mentioned sending to people. I had it stuck back in a drawer. I did not know I still had one. Like I said before, it is a little different with the tail being jsut a little shorter and I think the body a little bigger, but very similar to this one. Nice bait, I think it will do well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

what kind of action would you get trolling/longlining, etc?? Good or bad?
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    snake I actually found one of those samples like that one that I mentioned sending to people. I had it stuck back in a drawer. I did not know I still had one. Like I said before, it is a little different with the tail being jsut a little shorter and I think the body a little bigger, but very similar to this one. Nice bait, I think it will do well for you.
    thank you they should do well . We were messing with it in the kitchen sink it to see what type of action it did have it's very interesting. It has a swimming action also way action of just sitting still his partner like the tail is actually working in Stillwater but for the most part it has definitely a different action than other tail baits it's completely different than your Stinger because of the tail that forks it mostly has a even action to it. It looks better with a jig head attached to it. I will try to post a picture with one on the body by the way I did receive your samples of your twister tails today a pretty clever with your color scheme.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    what kind of action would you get trolling/longlining, etc?? Good or bad?
    I would kinda think the action would be minimal. I believe the tail would flutter like a small fish. If you've watched them they have a fast flutter but to be honest with you I do not know yet. I have not field-tested it or anything. I just received the molds. Today so we will have a lot to learn about this plastic bait it will be going out to one of my field testers and hopefully we will learn something if I get a chance I will drop down behind my house and tried in River to see what it does but I think you wouldn't have any problem with some sort of action. We will definitely get back to you on this tomorrow.

www.bobsjigs.com

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love to see the tail action on a jig head with a steady troll. You ever post you-tube vids? They look good snake.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Snake, the idea did not work as well as I had hoped, but I think with clear plastic it would probably look pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been mulling something like that over in my mind too. Glad to see you got that little dude going. I can tell you its a good one . The guys on here need to get them things out to those crappie structures now. I know from experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast